UC Travels to Houston County

BigSwoShow

My Tornadoes didn’t show much on the scoreboard this past Friday night but they did show a great deal of heart and character. Never once did they give up and stop. We must take that same determination into this next week and prepare to play Houston County. I don’t know anything about this team since we haven’t played them ever or at least I have no recollection of playing them. This will be the first game that really matters in our region this year. Losing tastes horrible and I know my Tornadoes want to get that taste out of their mouths. If anyone knows anything about HC please comment. Go Tornadoes 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, BigSwoShow said:

My Tornadoes didn’t show much on the scoreboard this past Friday night but they did show a great deal of heart and character. Never once did they give up and stop. We must take that same determination into this next week and prepare to play Houston County. I don’t know anything about this team since we haven’t played them ever or at least I have no recollection of playing them. This will be the first game that really matters in our region this year. Losing tastes horrible and I know my Tornadoes want to get that taste out of their mouths. If anyone knows anything about HC please comment. Go Tornadoes 

Houston County hasn't been very good in the past, up until recently. When Covid hit, they were the first program to completely shut down, and (IMO) that derailed them from becoming a solid team. Since they returned to playing, I haven't seen them in person but their scores and wins indicate that they're back to not very good. No idea whether their coach left, of if not conducting any football operations ruined what they were building.

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Houston County hasn't been very good in the past, up until recently. When Covid hit, they were the first program to completely shut down, and (IMO) that derailed them from becoming a solid team. Since they returned to playing, I haven't seen them in person but their scores and wins indicate that they're back to not very good. No idea whether their coach left, of if not conducting any football operations ruined what they were building.

I hate to hear that. 

Just now, BigSwoShow said:

I hate to hear that. 

I actually did too...they eliminated us and gave Riverside a good game in the playoffs the year before, then went completely off the grid when CV19 showed up. They had a second year coach, good numbers, a tough mentality, and some skilled upperclassmen returning that were very un-Houston County like to build upon. Director of Schools up there suspended all athletic program activity.

2 hours ago, TennReb31 said:

I also know nothing about Houston County. But I plan to be there pulling for the Tornadoes. Wish I had known Peabody Pride was sitting with you at the first game, Woulda strolled up to say hi.

They didn’t show much the week before. If it wasn’t for the home cookin refs ,they would have got beat two weeks in a row 

1 hour ago, catfish123 said:

They didn’t show much the week before. If it wasn’t for the home cookin refs ,they would have got beat two weeks in a row 

Must be another LC fan still sour about their loss. It over. Move on and be glad y’all canceled this past fridays game or y’all would be going into this week 0-2. UC played hard this past week against a team that would have beat any team in 2a and 1a. Y’all will see that these tornadoes are for real. Never like playing private schools but they only make you better. Look forward to a good game against Houston County.