TN High School Football Teams vs COVID

OldTownRoad

Is there an end in sight to the madness? Over 30 games cancelled last week (including a marquee Trousdale County vs Upperman matchup) and some teams haven't even been able to play a game yet. Hope for the kids sake that this wave calms down soon and we can get back to watching our all of our favorite teams and rivals on the gridiron.

40 minutes ago, OldTownRoad said:

Is there an end in sight to the madness? Over 30 games cancelled last week (including a marquee Trousdale County vs Upperman matchup) and some teams haven't even been able to play a game yet. Hope for the kids sake that this wave calms down soon and we can get back to watching our all of our favorite teams and rivals on the gridiron.

Just seems weird. I don't have the numbers but it seems like last year there were less cancellations. 

25 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Just seems weird. I don't have the numbers but it seems like last year there were less cancellations. 

We were several weeks into the season before cancellations had any frequency and then it was this many at a time.

We have had numerous starters out or not practicing for the entire week. We have been looking forward to this year my sons entire football career. His junior year. Now theres been nothing but trouble. Interestingly enough I live on the Ky line. They are allowing kids from last year that graduated to play another year of football!!! Thats crazy but most of our kids graduate and they arw only 17 and especially not over 18 like Trousdale co or watertown has so that makes alittle sense I guess. Football means alot to many people.

Folks, I think we all need to come to the realization that at some point you have to put the health of the kids first.  I hate it. Hate it. Hate it.  But at the end of the day, that is what's best.  As of this post, there is no discussion, to my knowledge, of McKenzie/South Fulton having any issues for this week.  But, who knows with this mess what the next 5 minutes will bring.

25 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Folks, I think we all need to come to the realization that at some point you have to put the health of the kids first.  I hate it. Hate it. Hate it.  But at the end of the day, that is what's best.  As of this post, there is no discussion, to my knowledge, of McKenzie/South Fulton having any issues for this week.  But, who knows with this mess what the next 5 minutes will bring.

Health of the kids??????

What a joke.... this is all about optics....do your research on the number of people ages 0-20 who have been hospitalized with COVID.... I'll bet the number of student athletes of that fractional percentage is minute...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2