Postseason

Indian

Determining region winners and 1-4 placement will likely be very difficult this year in many cases. Some teams may not lose a game on the field but avoid meeting their region’s expected top teams. 

Making it as short as possible, why not use first round week as a make up week, then take your top 192 in win total (32 in each class), divide them up for a one year postseason classification and have 4 weeks of playoffs. Do quads by geography then order them by number of wins, then fewest losses etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indian said:

Determining region winners and 1-4 placement will likely be very difficult this year in many cases. Some teams may not lose a game on the field but avoid meeting their region’s expected top teams. 

Making it as short as possible, why not use first round week as a make up week, then take your top 192 in win total (32 in each class), divide them up for a one year postseason classification and have 4 weeks of playoffs. Do quads by geography then order them by number of wins, then fewest losses etc. 

Makes alot of sense there Indian.....but we are part the TSSAA.....sometimes common sense is missing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Sadly you're probably right. Even though last year we had no vaccine and a daily death count , somehow it's worse this year lol 

honestly it has a lot to do with this vaccine, the vaccinated people mostly asymptomatic or have very light symptoms, they don't realize they have covid and go spread it to everyone, while the unvaccinated are at a higher risk, we know when we are sick and know when to quarantine, and i'm probably just speaking for myself, I still wear a mask when I feel it is needed to protect the at risk age group and family members with health concerns

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

honestly it has a lot to do with this vaccine, the vaccinated people mostly asymptomatic or have very light symptoms, they don't realize they have covid and go spread it to everyone, while the unvaccinated are at a higher risk, we know when we are sick and know when to quarantine, and i'm probably just speaking for myself, I still wear a mask when I feel it is needed to protect the at risk age group and family members with health concerns

I'm with you on that. 

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

I would say there are more asymptomatic people overall than not, vaccinated or not.  A lot of people aren't going to get tested even if they have the sniffles and it kills a very very low percentage of people.  Data shows 1.6% so it is probably lower than that.  But, I know that 1.6 percent of millions is still a lot.

2 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I would say there are more asymptomatic people overall than not, vaccinated or not.  A lot of people aren't going to get tested even if they have the sniffles and it kills a very very low percentage of people.  Data shows 1.6% so it is probably lower than that.  But, I know that 1.6 percent of millions is still a lot.

I would agree with that, as someone that was not knowledgeable about the symptoms, in December, I swore I had a sinus infection(I've had several), I worked for a week with it, and then my wife took my temperature and I was 103.3, went and tested positive the next day.  I hated it because I undoubtedly had to infect someone else with it, but I didn't know any better. 

9 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

I would agree with that, as someone that was not knowledgeable about the symptoms, in December, I swore I had a sinus infection(I've had several), I worked for a week with it, and then my wife took my temperature and I was 103.3, went and tested positive the next day.  I hated it because I undoubtedly had to infect someone else with it, but I didn't know any better. 

Mine was back in November.  No fever.  A little tired for one day.  Had "allergies" because of the farmers fields here in McKenzie.  It was the Friday before Thanksgiving.  We were going to the Gulf Shores so I went to get a cocktail shot.  Well, the PA and nurse that checked me both were students of mine back in the day.  PA said, Coach...you sure you don't want a test?  I said, you want to give me that test don't you?  He said..oh no. I can't make you.  Well, since my wife had just licked breast cancer a few months before and she was at risk, I took it.  Needless to say, we didn't go to the beach and Thanksgiving tasted like cardboard.  Her and my 10 year old got it a couple of weeks later with hardly any symptoms. 

10 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Mine was back in November.  No fever.  A little tired for one day.  Had "allergies" because of the farmers fields here in McKenzie.  It was the Friday before Thanksgiving.  We were going to the Gulf Shores so I went to get a cocktail shot.  Well, the PA and nurse that checked me both were students of mine back in the day.  PA said, Coach...you sure you don't want a test?  I said, you want to give me that test don't you?  He said..oh no. I can't make you.  Well, since my wife had just licked breast cancer a few months before and she was at risk, I took it.  Needless to say, we didn't go to the beach and Thanksgiving tasted like cardboard.  Her and my 10 year old got it a couple of weeks later with hardly any symptoms. 

My wife and I quarantined in the same house for 10 days but she never got it <_<