Milan @ Haywood week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

7 hours ago, stacmot said:

Warning, this is just another meaningless trivia post by Stacmot.  It really doesn't have anything to do with this Friday's game,  so if you're not interested, please move on!

Milan does have a program to be respected.  No matter if it's illness, injuries, or graduation losses, the Dawgs will come at us with all they've got, and they won't quit.

I remember this game, and it was a classic, but I did have to go to the archives of the States-Graphic to get the details. Going into the game,  Haywood (3-6) was coached by Slade Calhoun who is currently the head coach at Munford.  Milan (7-2) was coached by Jeff Morris who is still serving on the Bulldog staff as an assistant coach.  

Haywood had a 28-7 lead with 8:01 left in the third quarter.  Milan tied the game on a 50 yard TD run with 7:47 left in the 4th.  The Dawgs took the lead (35-28) on a 65 yard run with 3:56 left in the game.  Haywood drove the ball to the Milan two yard line with a little over 2 minutes left, but the Tomcats fumbled the ball ending any hopes of tying or winning the game.

Haywood finished the season 3-7.  Milan finished 12-3 losing to CAK by a score of 48-14 in the state finals.

I know it has been 9 years, and these players were only 6-9 years old at the time,  but l hope the Cats can avenge this loss Friday night.  Do it for those of us who have graduated.  Remember, once a Tomcat, always a Tomcat!  It should be another classic.

If you're interested, here's the link to the write up of the game.  The write up can be found on B1.

https://issuu.com/carterstaffwriter55/docs/nov1combine

Good stuff. This is why I joined the T. I enjoy these kind of post’s keep em coming. Pay no attention to these trolls that want to try and blow up a good thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You can’t burn anything down Rick. You have nothing. Both kids you named live in Milan. You can’t do on here like you do on the radio. You think just because you say something loud and repeatedly people will believe you. The real truth is that your a pathetic pitiful old man who people only listen to for comic relief. Yeah that’s right, they just laugh at you. Again you are a bum with an Obama phone nothing more. And again you sound like a straight pervert wanting to know teenage boys addresses. Get a life. 

Well, that explains why he posted what he did reference to slobber knocker.  His response was a freudulian slip……lol

Big Rick deleting that post is another!

Edited by mg

29 minutes ago, abigrichardn731 said:

Lol you are spot on coach! Tell you what let’s make this interesting…Tomcats win you change your name to Tomcats>bulldogs. If Milan wins I change my name to bumwithaphone. 

No need. Everyone can already see you are a bum with a phone. And anyone that listens to 101.5 knows you are a bum with a phone. 

1 hour ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Outside of jaylen Lewis and anthony brown (match up everyone wants to see, they’ve been teammates all summer so they know each other’s game) 

who are the other players to watch from Milan?!

#8 Trey Spinks- plays db and rb. Ran a 4.38 40 at Ole Miss over the summer. 
#5 Hayden Sullivan- qb that can run and throw

#3 Mekhi Carr- rb that has been fun to watch so far. 
#76 Pookie lol. Kids is all heart and plays d line

#70- Big Tony. New Offensive tackle that picked up offer from UT Martin back in the spring. One of the few o linemen not hurt. 

And for Haywood??

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

30 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

#8 Trey Spinks- plays db and rb. Ran a 4.38 40 at Ole Miss over the summer. 
#5 Hayden Sullivan- qb that can run and throw

#3 Mekhi Carr- rb that has been fun to watch so far. 
#76 Pookie lol. Kids is all heart and plays d line

#70- Big Tony. New Offensive tackle that picked up offer from UT Martin back in the spring. One of the few o linemen not hurt. 

And for Haywood??

#1 jakaylon Taylor - stud of a running back, build replicates Travis ettiene 

#2 Cordero walker- sophmore QB mobile and can sling it

#25 cam Miller- a freshmen rb that can house it at any given time 

#13 jamari Pearson- shows he can go get it (basketball stand out)

#5 anthony brewer - LB him and barham are the top two in west tn 

#44 johnathan Forrest- fills holes at LB

#65 cam Douglas- a force leading the front 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

#1 jakaylon Taylor - stud of a running back, build replicates Travis ettiene 

#2 Cordero walker- sophmore QB mobile and can sling it

#25 cam Miller- a freshmen rb that can house it at any given time 

#13 jamari Pearson- shows he can go get it (basketball stand out)

#5 anthony brewer - LB him and barham are the top two in west tn 

#44 johnathan Forrest- fills holes at LB

#65 cam Douglas- a force leading the front 

I think u left out #17 on our list