Milan @ Haywood week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

I do not think it has been stated as to exactly what Milan lost from last years 2nd place team. I think this is relative to this conversation. I will leave to the BPM and other posters to share. I am by no means making any excuses for Milan's poor performances. However, I do think that it is fair for the people to know exactly what Milan did not have coming back from last years team.... Fill in the blanks 

11 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I do not think it has been stated as to exactly what Milan lost from last years 2nd place team. I think this is relative to this conversation. I will leave to the BPM and other posters to share. I am by no means making any excuses for Milan's poor performances. However, I do think that it is fair for the people to know exactly what Milan did not have coming back from last years team.... Fill in the blanks 

I get that, but everybody took a hit from graduation last year. I think Haywood has two players currently playing for Florida State. Lexington practically lost their whole entire offensive line (arguably the most important unit for any team in West Tennessee), and Hardin County lost their Tight End, Quarterback, and I believe their running back. With that, I can't buy Milan using graduation as an excuse. Yes, they're a school that is in the 500's in enrollment that's electing to play up to 4A so they can avoid Alcoa. Will they get to Chattanooga as many times in 4A as if they would be in 3A? No. Honestly, I believe people expected Milan to return to the state Championship game because they're Milan, that's it. Not knowing that Haywood and Hardin County are also in 4A. As what @BIGPURPLEMACHINE referenced, if Milan played clean football against Peabody and South Gibson, they could easily be 4-0 and we wouldn't be discussing this.

4 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I get that, but everybody took a hit from graduation last year. I think Haywood has two players currently playing for Florida State. Lexington practically lost their whole entire offensive line (arguably the most important unit for any team in West Tennessee), and Hardin County lost their Tight End, Quarterback, and I believe their running back. With that, I can't buy Milan using graduation as an excuse. Yes, they're a school that is in the 500's in enrollment that's electing to play up to 4A so they can avoid Alcoa. Will they get to Chattanooga as many times in 4A as if they would be in 3A? No. Honestly, I believe people expected Milan to return to the state Championship game because they're Milan, that's it. Not knowing that Haywood and Hardin County are also in 4A. As what @BIGPURPLEMACHINE referenced, if Milan played clean football against Peabody and South Gibson, they could easily be 4-0 and we wouldn't be discussing this.

Careful, I got cussed for saying this last year. 

6 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Milan lost a special class of linebackers. Seth Roberson was 3A all state. Steven Ballard is now playing linebacker at UT Martin and AJ Barham is out for the year with injury. Those 3 were special last year. Having seen this team multiple times so far, we are sorely missing their speed sidelin to sideline.