Milan @ Haywood week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, Bulldog89 said:

I agree that Haywood should be favored especially at their place. However 3-3 the rest of year is unacceptable at Milan. There is a reason we brought this coaching staff here. Yes we are banged up right now but we still have some talent. Excuses only go so far. At some point the coaching staff needs to figure it out and I think they will.

I get that. However, the road games are Haywood, Huntingdon, Hardin County, and North Side. I don't see y'all winning Friday night in Brownsville. At this point, I don't see y'all winning in Savannah either. Huntingdon and North Side are tough places to play. Yes, y'all can with both games, but I also can see y'all losing both as well. I went ahead and split the two. It's odd that people banked on Milan to go to Chattanooga (branding has an effect on that), but @BIGPURPLEMACHINE basically said "pump the brakes" at the beginning of August. Now, I can possibly see why. There's a very good possibility that Milan will go 6-4 with a first round trip to either Kirby, Ridgeway, or Fayette Ware in the beginning of November.

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I get that. However, the road games are Haywood, Huntingdon, Hardin County, and North Side. I don't see y'all winning Friday night in Brownsville. At this point, I don't see y'all winning in Savannah either. Huntingdon and North Side are tough places to play. Yes, y'all can with both games, but I also can see y'all losing both as well. I went ahead and split the two. It's odd that people banked on Milan to go to Chattanooga (branding has an effect on that), but @BIGPURPLEMACHINE basically said "pump the brakes" at the beginning of August. Now, I can possibly see why. There's a very good possibility that Milan will go 6-4 with a first round trip to either Kirby, Ridgeway, or Fayette Ware in the beginning of November.

This team could very easily be 4-0 right now. Manassas would have been a very easy win and despite all the injuries special teams have cost us against Peabody and SGC.  This team can get it together. Just have to be healthy. 

53 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This team could very easily be 4-0 right now. Manassas would have been a very easy win and despite all the injuries special teams have cost us against Peabody and SGC.  This team can get it together. Just have to be healthy. 

That part is true, too. Limit the mistakes against Peabody, y’all definitely would’ve won that game. 

Milan ended their 3 game losing streak this past Friday. I expect them to fight really hard and give the Tomcats all they want, but ultimately I think Haywood wins the game. I know it is really early in the year, but for Milan they are fighting for playoff seeding at this point. If they drop to 0-2 in the region it will be really hard for them to get a home game in the playoffs. Milan will be fine. They need to get back to 100% health. I think this will be the game of the week for rural west TN football. 

11 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This has for sure been a strange start to the season, we made it thru last gl year with very few injuries and have been no where near healthy as of yet ! Milan literally hasn’t been healthy since the first scrimmage just like the Golden Tide ! Hope the Dawgs get healthy and make a run late season !!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Milan ended their 3 game losing streak this past Friday. I expect them to fight really hard and give the Tomcats all they want, but ultimately I think Haywood wins the game. I know it is really early in the year, but for Milan they are fighting for playoff seeding at this point. If they drop to 0-2 in the region it will be really hard for them to get a home game in the playoffs. Milan will be fine. They need to get back to 100% health. I think this will be the game of the week for rural west TN football. 

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

This has for sure been a strange start to the season, we made it thru last gl year with very few injuries and have been no where near healthy as of yet ! Milan literally hasn’t been healthy since the first scrimmage just like the Golden Tide ! Hope the Dawgs get healthy and make a run late season !!!

Thanks guys. Hopefully we can pull one out. 

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Yea I think this is a huge game and maybe most important for Milan this year. No disrespect to other teams in region but if Milan loses then that just about guarantees SG & Haywood 1-2 and Milan fighting for playoffs with other teams.

• Upvote 1