So the ship lost it's captain????

CougarDadx2

13 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

While I understand everything you are saying, at the end of the day he still left mid season because of adversity that HE was facing.  Just suck it up and cut back on spending.  Now as far as everything that happened behind the scenes, that is very sad, but listen, we already had our pride and name tarnished some by never winning the big games, and the probation, so let’s not provide fuel to the fire for the whole state to see that our program behind the scenes is not doing well.  People don’t need to know all that.  I’m not saying I don’t agree with you, I’m just saying there’s no need to shame a program to save a coach’s face that just quit our boys, our school, and our community.  It can be spinner however we want, but at the end of the day he is gone.  

Now, IMO we may have just come out on the better end.  I know it’s not a Pro Coach, but it is two VERY knowledgeable high school coaches who love those kids, the program, the community, and winning just as much as anyone.  Their dedication is the same.  Wes Stone would be there at the field house all day too if he didn’t have a young family at home and a full time job.  But trust me, at the end of the day I know for a fact that Stone was one of the last to leave, if not THE last to leave.  

Just as I was told:

We will adjust, adapt, and move on!  That’s what we do here!  Go Pirates!

So it's OK to bash a Coach but not ok to tell the truth about what happened? So he should have turned down all that money to stay and put up with ungrateful people?

16 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

While I understand everything you are saying, at the end of the day he still left mid season because of adversity that HE was facing.  Just suck it up and cut back on spending.  Now as far as everything that happened behind the scenes, that is very sad, but listen, we already had our pride and name tarnished some by never winning the big games, and the probation, so let’s not provide fuel to the fire for the whole state to see that our program behind the scenes is not doing well.  People don’t need to know all that.  I’m not saying I don’t agree with you, I’m just saying there’s no need to shame a program to save a coach’s face that just quit our boys, our school, and our community.  It can be spinner however we want, but at the end of the day he is gone.  

Now, IMO we may have just come out on the better end.  I know it’s not a Pro Coach, but it is two VERY knowledgeable high school coaches who love those kids, the program, the community, and winning just as much as anyone.  Their dedication is the same.  Wes Stone would be there at the field house all day too if he didn’t have a young family at home and a full time job.  But trust me, at the end of the day I know for a fact that Stone was one of the last to leave, if not THE last to leave.  

Just as I was told:

Very good post PM! 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Just as I was told:

Cut back on spending? Oh you mean like 20 year old equipment? Or the green mildewed Goal posts? Or the Black Concrete stands? Or the Roofs that leak so bad the weight room and locker room has 4 inches of water standing in them! Or the hundreds of dollars it costs to paint the Field each Home Game and Jr high Game? Or the 4000+ cost for each away Game? Or the pregame meals that wasn't there this year until a local restaurant pitched in and donated those? Or cut back on Mowing every few Days? I'm just a little confused on what you would wanna cut back on? Especially since Chris payed for alot out of his own Pocket

15 minutes ago, Geno said:

So it's OK to bash a Coach but not ok to tell the truth about what happened? So he should have turned down all that money to stay and put up with ungrateful people?

Geno are we really suppose to believe he would’ve never gotten another big offer when he took over at SP? I thought it wasn’t about the money and was his dream job. They’re going to be people against any coach we have for whatever reason. Reality is first opportunity he had to jump ship he left. Good luck to him but the dream is over.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Geno said:

Cut back on spending? Oh you mean like 20 year old equipment? Or the green mildewed Goal posts? Or the Black Concrete stands? Or the Roofs that leak so bad the weight room and locker room has 4 inches of water standing in them! Or the hundreds of dollars it costs to paint the Field each Home Game and Jr high Game? Or the 4000+ cost for each away Game? Or the pregame meals that wasn't there this year until a local restaurant pitched in and donated those? Or cut back on Mowing every few Days? I'm just a little confused on what you would wanna cut back on? Especially since Chris payed for alot out of his own Pocket

You are right.  I’m not sure where to cut back but if the equipment made it 20 years whats 1 more year.  I’m just offering suggestions looking for answers.  I don’t claim to have the solutions.  We just need to move on.  

6 minutes ago, spfan24 said:

Geno are we really suppose to believe he would’ve never gotten another big offer when he took over at SP? I thought it wasn’t about the money and was his dream job. They’re going to be people against any coach we have for whatever reason. Reality is first opportunity he had to jump ship he left. Good luck to him but the dream is over.

Are you guys kidding me? Who the heck would turn down  6 figure job offer to Coach for a School that didn't want him there? They make Movies where the High school Coach was offered a shot at the Big leagues and they took it. The whole Town turned out to cheer Him on and pat him on the back. What does the very Spoiled bunch at Spitt do? They crucified the same Man they praised before.  I'm really embarrassed to know some of you!! Selfish people!!

37 minutes ago, Geno said:

LRDAO geno that Jones man said money wasnt a problem five months ago.  You should have jumped in his suitcase and went with him.  I aint joking either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Geno said:

LRDAO yous saying the green mildew? I bout choked on my dentures geno.  I aint joking either.

1 minute ago, Geno said:

Are you guys kidding me? Who the heck would turn down  6 figure job offer to Coach for a School that didn't want him there? They make Movies where the High school Coach was offered a shot at the Big leagues and they took it. The whole Town turned out to cheer Him on and pat him on the back. What does the very Spoiled bunch at Spitt do? They crucified the same Man they praised before.  I'm really embarrassed to know some of you!! Selfish people!!

At the end of the day he coached the jamboree and 1 game.  Now he has missed almost half the CFL season and heading to a 3-2 team.

2 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO yous saying the green mildew? I bout choked on my dentures geno.  I aint joking either.

I scrubbed the Goal posts myself. My son spent 2 weeks pressure washing the Stands. I spent a week spraying the turf on the sidelines and doing carpenter work in the locker room. Where were you?