H2O at Upperman

H2Oman

2 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

That’s a mighty safe answer??? 

Ok well let me just say this. Watertown has to be able to run the ball to win. If you haven't yet watched Upperman that is a very tough task. You go back and look at our 3 game win streak we have been able to run the ball. Which we could not do the first two games. That's why I chose that answer. If we can't run the ball then it could be a very long night. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Ok well let me just say this. Watertown has to be able to run the ball to win. If you haven't yet watched Upperman that is a very tough task. You go back and look at our 3 game win streak we have been able to run the ball. Which we could not do the first two games. That's why I chose that answer. If we can't run the ball then it could be a very long night. 

Got it… I watched both the Cookeville and Fayetteville game and there is no doubt it’s going to be a tough team to run the ball on.

I myself think that we must be able to pass somewhat more efficiently than we have to even have a chance. 

With the secondary formations that Baxter runs… there will be opportunities ( that was where Fayetteville found success)

IMO if we are going to win this game depending on the run game. Our line is just not stout enough to get it done.

We must find some success through the air!

Note: Our defense better be on point, because if Baxter scores 21 or more. The game will be over. Our offense, though improved has not seen a team like the bees yet!

Edited by H2Oman

6 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Got it… I watched both the Cookeville and Fayetteville game and there is no doubt it’s going to be a tough team to run the ball on.

I myself think that we must be able to pass somewhat more efficiently than we have to even have a chance. 

With the secondary formations that Baxter runs… there will be opportunities ( that’s was where Fayetteville found success)

IMO if we are going to win this game depending on the run game. Our line is just not stout enough to get it done.

Note: Our defense better be on point, because if Baxter scores 21 or more the game will be over. Our offense, though improved has not seen a team like the bees yet!

I agree with everything you said. We must be able to throw the ball better to help loosen their defense to be able to run the ball. I also agree the defense must be on their game because like you stated 21 points could very well win this game. First to 21 wins? 

12 hours ago, H2Oman said:

With the secondary formations that Baxter runs… there will be opportunities ( that was where Fayetteville found success)

Note: Our defense better be on point, because if Baxter scores 21 or more. The game will be over. Our offense, though improved has not seen a team like the bees yet!

Are yall just not slinging it around like last year?  I figured with the qb returning that yalls offense wouldn't miss a beat really.

14 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Are yall just not slinging it around like last year?  I figured with the qb returning that yalls offense wouldn't miss a beat really.

As of yet we haven’t been as successful this year as we have in the past with our passing game.

I believe there are a couple factors that have slowed that down. 

One being at the beginning of the year we couldn’t run the ball due to line play and opposing defenses were just pinning their ears back and getting after our QB ( he was running for his life) I think most of that has been resolved.

The other being that we just don’t have the receiver core that we had last year. We are a fairly young team ( especially in the skill positions) and our guys just wasn’t doing a good job getting open.

I think some of that has resolved itself as well, but this will no doubt be a great test to see just how far they’ve come!

We will have to find some success with both facets ( passing / running) to stand a chance tomorrow.

7 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Bees have not played up to the talent they have yet. Offense is very average. 

Not so sure I agree 100%.  They have the talent to execute the game plan, and those have been pretty much spot on so far.  The offense has the talent to take what the defense gives them.  They've scored on long drives and they've hit homeruns from 60+.  The defense, for the most part, has the talent to take away what the opposition does best.  Take last week for example.  The starting QB does not play in the 2nd half, so it becomes strictly a ball control game.  The first offensive drive takes half the third quarter and they score, with no passes thrown.  The defense only allows Stone to cross the 50 once in the half.  They had to have the talent to execute that on both sides.  And let's not forget ST, especially that kicker.  Very few high school kids can take a free kick from the 20 and pin someone inside the 5.  Kid seems like he can put the ball wherever he wants. Now could they beat people 50-0 and play up to their "talent"?  Maybe, but doesn't seem like that is the plan.  Remember, talent is subjective, scoreboards aren't.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

Not so sure I agree 100%.  They have the talent to execute the game plan, and those have been pretty much spot on so far.  The offense has the talent to take what the defense gives them.  They've scored on long drives and they've hit homeruns from 60+.  The defense, for the most part, has the talent to take away what the opposition does best.  Take last week for example.  The starting QB does not play in the 2nd half, so it becomes strictly a ball control game.  The first offensive drive takes half the third quarter and they score, with no passes thrown.  The defense only allows Stone to cross the 50 once in the half.  They had to have the talent to execute that on both sides.  And let's not forget ST, especially that kicker.  Very few high school kids can take a free kick from the 20 and pin someone inside the 5.  Kid seems like he can put the ball wherever he wants. Now could they beat people 50-0 and play up to their "talent"?  Maybe, but doesn't seem like that is the plan.  Remember, talent is subjective, scoreboards aren't.

Not as explosive as I thought they would be on offense. Yes they have had some plays here and there but not consistently. Not like a few years ago when they are dropping 50 deep In the playoffs verse Redbank. Maybe it will all come together. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan