H2O at Upperman

H2Oman

12 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

TC has the best football history,  but as far as athletics as a whole. H2O trumps TC and it’s not even close… especially in the last ten years!

I can’t speak for TC and Gordy educational wise, but H2O does really good with their kids and offers them a lot of opportunities!

If you would’ve ask me this question 20 years ago, I would’ve definitely said one of the others, but right now H2O has a lot of positives going their way!

Thank you H2O.  My nosing around leads me to believe you are accurate with your assessment(s) here.  TC with the rich history in football, maybe other sports average in the schools history.  Gordonsville next in line when it comes to football when measuring with the "Championship Measuring Stick" with one in the 80's and again I believe in 2011 or 2012, with decent runs in between the two championship years and Watertown still seeking its first glass case hardware item made of GOLD.  Academics of course is a staple for where ever we land. 

Adding a twist that you and others would be able to possibly shine some light on...Satterfield with the family coaching history looks to be a long term head coach if so desired at TC.  GV's head coach sorry cant remember his name, from what I have only heard about, the job appears to be his till he wants to step down, and lastly Coach Webster at WHS, long tenured coach (thinking if my memory serves me right) started and is still with the first program he has ever been a head coach at.  All this said, and I know a lot of moving parts here, but do any of these coaches get lured away from their respectful programs anytime soon?  Trying to make sense of it all.  Thanks   

6 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

Thank you H2O.  My nosing around leads me to believe you are accurate with your assessment(s) here.  TC with the rich history in football, maybe other sports average in the schools history.  Gordonsville next in line when it comes to football when measuring with the "Championship Measuring Stick" with one in the 80's and again I believe in 2011 or 2012, with decent runs in between the two championship years and Watertown still seeking its first glass case hardware item made of GOLD.  Academics of course is a staple for where ever we land. 

Adding a twist that you and others would be able to possibly shine some light on...Satterfield with the family coaching history looks to be a long term head coach if so desired at TC.  GV's head coach sorry cant remember his name, from what I have only heard about, the job appears to be his till he wants to step down, and lastly Coach Webster at WHS, long tenured coach (thinking if my memory serves me right) started and is still with the first program he has ever been a head coach at.  All this said, and I know a lot of moving parts here, but do any of these coaches get lured away from their respectful programs anytime soon?  Trying to make sense of it all.  Thanks   

Webster isn’t going anywhere unless he retires I’d say… definitely couldn’t be sure because you never know, but I’d say he will retire here!

19 hours ago, pujo said:

Alot of kids don't have much of a family, sad business and people wonder why so many end up in skid row. Our world is not so fair.

I know it’s awful just wish all these kids had support

9 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

Completley off topic, but since I see that breaking subject protocal is a norm on most of these threads, lets get some insight on more than "X's and O's" and add a little A-B-C's and 1-2-3's.  Narrowing down the obvious top athletic teams between TC, WHS and Gordonsville, (Upperman and Dekalb- location doesnt fit) if you had a student athlete coming up, which "SCHOOL" do you send him to out of these three?    Dig deep here.  Which will provide a high quality of athletic acheivement opportunity along with solid educational acheivement?  I have personally observed Gordonsville play, WHS play, have not watched TC play, but I have been to each school campus and community.  Just trying to make some sense.   

Education wise TC is ranked in or near too 10 in the state. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

You are right. TC is a football town. The whole town turns out for games and games at the Creekbank are intimidating to other teams. If you look at academic  scores you will see that in 2018, every school in the county was a reward school. Their scores are very good.  So academics are bright. We have more gold  than any surrounding schools. We have the most recent visit to the state championship of the 3 schools but got beaten . So we got a silver. 

In Smith County, there is lots of talk of consolidating the two high schools. I do not hear good things about the high school principal at gordy. We have gotten some transfers from gordy over the years with 2 on our team. I do know both the OC and DC of the football team are principals. Their field is nice. I do not know about academics.

Watertown has a new school and  field.  It is a good building but I liked the feel of their old field better. In the past they were like the stepchild of Wilson County high schools and never got new stuff. That has improved. I do not know about academics.

11 minutes ago, RTD said:

I still feel you’ll DC should be the head coach over Webster.

Webster has been good for Watertown.. When he took over we had 5 coaches in roughly a 6 or 7 year span. He has been a consistent presence for H2O with all the changes we’ve had over the years and our community needed it.

I don’t always agree with some of the decisions he makes, but you can’t question his loyalty and how the kids respect him!

He has also been smart enough to bring in good coaches and let them do just that… coach the kids!

Again, I am almost certain I will question him sometime this year, but I can’t question his loyalty and how good he has been to Watertown!

PS: Hackett is great coach and will get his opportunity to be a head man one day when he is ready there is no doubt!

5 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Webster has been good for Watertown.. When he took over we had 5 coaches in roughly a 6 or 7 year span. He has been a consistent presence for H2O with all the changes we’ve had over the years and our community needed it.

I don’t always agree with some of the decisions he makes, but you can’t question his loyalty and how the kids respect him!

He has also been smart enough to bring in good coaches and let them do just that… coach the kids!

Again, I am almost certain I will question him sometime this year, but I can’t question his loyalty and how good he has been to Watertown!

PS: Hackett is great coach and will get his opportunity to be a head man one day when he is ready there is no doubt!

Hackett could have gotten the Smith County job if he had wanted it. 

11 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

100% right. Hackett is responsible for WTowns success. I expect him to get a head job soon. 

He’s a big part of it for sure, but there are a lot more responsible for it as well!

One who doesn’t get talked about a lot is our Junior High coach. He gets the kids out to play that probably wouldn’t be playing!

From my understanding, there was a big push from Lebanon folks to hire him as the head coach at LHS before they hired Gentry.

16 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

He’s a big part of it for sure, but there are a lot more responsible for it as well!

One who doesn’t get talked about a lot is our Junior High coach. He gets the kids out to play that probably wouldn’t be playing!

From my understanding, there was a big push from Lebanon folks to hire him as the head coach at LHS before they hired Gentry.

What is his name?