South Gibson @ Henry County

BigRed88

1 hour ago, Swarm4Life said:

Gibson will probably drop HC off the schedule as soon as possible after this.

Have you noticed how SG and Milan are ahead of us in the polls? The way I look at it SG had a tight game with Milan. Milan got beat really bad by Haywood. HC went something like21-24 with Haywood in the jamboree. I agree with you. If HC shows up we roll Friday night. And we can prove the polls are pretty much trash. Also I don’t  know if SG has dealt with the 12th man like what they’ll get Friday at Bill Hudson field.

2 hours ago, RollRed said:

Have you noticed how SG and Milan are ahead of us in the polls? The way I look at it SG had a tight game with Milan. Milan got beat really bad by Haywood. HC went something like21-24 with Haywood in the jamboree. I agree with you. If HC shows up we roll Friday night. And we can prove the polls are pretty much trash. Also I don’t  know if SG has dealt with the 12th man like what they’ll get Friday at Bill Hudson field.

The 12th man needs to step up. Very lackluster crowd against Brentwood. Not in size but in enthusiasm.

22 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

The 12th man needs to step up. Very lackluster crowd against Brentwood. Not in size but in enthusiasm.

Not me :) I went to Hulmes before that game and got a new souped up Cow Bell with the twin turbos and anti kickback fingers. The horn man could help out but to be honest he’s been pretty down on this years team. Maybe with some wind he’ll come around. 

• Upvote 1

To be fair, any fan wants their team to win. I'm not a fan of this gauntlet of a schedule we seem to have every year. If you aren't winning, fans won't show up, fans won't be as enthusiastic as they would if we was winning more. Thats just how it works. I dont suggest we have the easiest schedule, but I think they should lighten up somewhat on the scheduling of games. Just my 2 cents. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

To be fair, any fan wants their team to win. I'm not a fan of this gauntlet of a schedule we seem to have every year. If you aren't winning, fans won't show up, fans won't be as enthusiastic as they would if we was winning more. Thats just how it works. I dont suggest we have the easiest schedule, but I think they should lighten up somewhat on the scheduling of games. Just my 2 cents. 

I tend to agree with you to an extent. Don't play the real strong teams so early in the season and maybe get the team ready for them after a couple warm up games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gr8tn08 said:

I tend to agree with you to an extent. Don't play the real strong teams so early in the season and maybe get the team ready for them after a couple warm up games.

Yeah exactly. I wish we had maybe 2 games to start the season against just good solid teams (not powerhouses) then maybe like our 4th and 5th games be against stronger teams. My point being if we would be lucky enough to win those first 3 or 4 games, I really believe the fan base would be more energized and rocking come game day, especially against a tough opponent.

Having a South Gibson and Paducah Tilghman as the first two games would be a good way to kickoff the season. Would be nice to bring back a Germantown team possibly, keep Beech. Maybe a Gallatin or somebody like that to fill out the rest of the schedule. This is just me brain storming what I wish our schedule looked more like. 

Edited by BigRed88

30 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Having a South Gibson and Paducah Tilghman as the first two games would be a good way to kickoff the season. Would be nice to bring back a Germantown team possibly, keep Beech. Maybe a Gallatin or somebody like that to fill out the rest of the schedule. This is just me brain storming what I wish our schedule looked more like. 

Summit was just going to be a monster this year. That was just a given. The beech game was definitely winnable but they did show us some weaknesses to work on. The Brentwood game should have been a W. Up 14-0 at the half then losing Cole Townsend the team just kinda seemed deflated after he went down. I think South Gibson will be a good measuring stick to see how good we are. I can see HC winning out the rest of the season. As far as the fans go I don’t know what to say about that. I can’t imagine there’s anywhere better to be on a Friday night than an HC home game,