South Gibson @ Henry County

BigRed88

4 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

To be fair, any fan wants their team to win. I'm not a fan of this gauntlet of a schedule we seem to have every year. If you aren't winning, fans won't show up, fans won't be as enthusiastic as they would if we was winning more. Thats just how it works. I dont suggest we have the easiest schedule, but I think they should lighten up somewhat on the scheduling of games. Just my 2 cents. 

I'm not crazy about the frontloaded schedule either. It takes too much wind out of the sails. I loved the week 6 or 7 Germantown game we played for those few years when they were strong. That was a perfectly placed, tough, mid-season opponent and both teams were usually at their best. Even when we lost to them it felt like we got something good out of it. For week 1 I'd rather have a tune-up game to give the team some confidence. 

But I know a lot of that is out of the coaches' control, as they're beholden to region schedules and the teams gotta have mutual open dates for it to work. Plus, I hear a lot of the local teams simply will not schedule us. We were probably fortunate to get South Gibson and Tilghman.  

It is nice to have a region opponent like Springfield to balance out the back end somewhat.