Dobyns-Bennett @ GreenEville

KEV-O

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Yeah, I'm not saying their entire history. I'm talking today, the past 5 or 6 years. Their "system" works like Maryville's. And there was a Maryville connection that helped set that up. So that's where the Maryville comparison comes in.  Which lead's to another question. If Maryville, Greeneville and Elizabethton can win multi state championships using basically the same system why can't DB do the same? I'll hang up and listen.

I'm sure there are many things to consider and the one I use to bring up for years was the strength program.I can't imagine DB not using the guys with the most knowledge about strength training on that staff.  Those two former college players and record breaking strength guys have knowledge that compare with any high school staff in the state. Why wouldn't the DB system be in place in both middle schools. The peewee and midget's or whatever they are called today should be where every young man learns the simple things like watching the ball on defense and not holding  twenty yards behind the play. DB coaches shouldn't have to teach those things. The good thing is even in a rebuild year,this staff has DB at 5-0 and a game against any quality opponent will only help .

On 9/19/2021 at 8:00 PM, blazer1set said:

Normally I would agree but this year Central (2-2), Oak Ridge (2-3) and MoWest (3-2) are not that impressive.   However there was no way to know that back when the schedule was made.      This game with DB will be a barn-burner for sure.    Assuming the GREENE makes it past the Tribe the rest of the schedule will be a cakewalk, my guess is Seymour will be the toughest one left.

Blazer I have a few questions?

When Central played G'Vagas what was the record of both teams?

When G'Vegas scheduled OR wasn't this the team that was just in the State 4A championship game a few Months ago?

Now, DB didn't they take a Team to the semi-s a few month ago?

The moral of this story is I'm just guessing now that,  these teams were scheduled well before the season started and was scheduled for a reason. Why say the games are not impressive when the kids are the one that has to play?  I think a win is a win and a lose is a lose.  Any given Friday any team can lose or win but it's also the mindset of those that play and the coaches that coach.  To decide what a cupcake of hard schedule.  IJS

16 minutes ago, Morice49 said:

Blazer I have a few questions?

When Central played G'Vagas what was the record of both teams?

When G'Vegas scheduled OR wasn't this the team that was just in the State 4A championship game a few Months ago?

Now, DB didn't they take a Team to the semi-s a few month ago?

The moral of this story is I'm just guessing now that,  these teams were scheduled well before the season started and was scheduled for a reason. Why say the games are not impressive when the kids are the one that has to play?  I think a win is a win and a lose is a lose.  Any given Friday any team can lose or win but it's also the mindset of those that play and the coaches that coach.  To decide what a cupcake of hard schedule.  IJS

For sure, some of these games could have been scheduled a couple of years ago and you have no way of knowing how good/bad/avg a team will be in the future.        So you try to build a challenging schedule and then just play it out however it turns out.

18 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'm sure there are many things to consider and the one I use to bring up for years was the strength program.I can't imagine DB not using the guys with the most knowledge about strength training on that staff.  Those two former college players and record breaking strength guys have knowledge that compare with any high school staff in the state. Why wouldn't the DB system be in place in both middle schools. The peewee and midget's or whatever they are called today should be where every young man learns the simple things like watching the ball on defense and not holding  twenty yards behind the play. DB coaches shouldn't have to teach those things. The good thing is even in a rebuild year,this staff has DB at 5-0 and a game against any quality opponent will only help .

I think DB's strength program is top notch with what they have now. The line coaching is right up there with any top tier school in the state. Their a little down on talent this year but that's mainly because of inexperience. The problem is the same as it's been forever. Terrible play in the secondary and players making way to many dumb mistakes. Like you said Batman, bad coaching in the little leagues and middle school's is where the dumb mistakes come from. And thats also where part of the problem is with the secondary. But I don't think the current secondary coach is the answer. He's a great guy and was a great player but it's pretty obvious that the situation has gone from bad to worse in the past three years. That's the problem with hiring your pals. If it works out it's awesome. If it don't you're either stuck with the problem or you replace him and loose a life long friend. There's no doubt in my mind that DB would of won the Maryville game last year if they had even a decent secondary. Maryville basically just dialed up a TD pass any time they needed it. It's going to be the same against Greeneville Friday night. Except  DB doesn't have the offense this year to counter. 

I don't know who all the middle school coaches are now but there wasn't enough for the numbers they use to have.I seen good coaching from Robinson with Coach JF and the very few coaches he had helping with the 7th and 8th grade one year.His eighth grade lost to both Sevier and Greeneville during the regular season but beat them both in the playoffs with adjustments.That Greeneville bunch was loaded with 7th and 8th graders that would win the 2017 and then 2018 state championship four and five years years later. I won't beat that dead horse but Sevier was loaded that year and destroyed pretty much everyone , including Greeneville during the regular season.Coaching won that championship for Robinson against Sevier.Meaning,there needs to be a lot more in the system from the ground up.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

I don't know who all the middle school coaches are now but there wasn't enough for the numbers they use to have.I seen good coaching from Robinson with Coach JF and the very few coaches he had helping with the 7th and 8th grade one year.His eighth grade lost to both Sevier and Greeneville during the regular season but beat them both in the playoffs with adjustments.That Greeneville bunch was loaded with 7th and 8th graders that would win the 2017 and then 2018 state championship four and five years years later. I won't beat that dead horse but Sevier was loaded that year and destroyed pretty much everyone , including Greeneville during the regular season.Coaching won that championship for Robinson against Sevier.Meaning,there needs to be a lot more in the system from the ground up.

I haven't followed the middle schools at all this year. But I have driven by Sevier a couple times this year when the team has been on the practice field. Just looking at them it looks like their numbers are up by quite a bit. And they looked to have some size for a middle school team. Lots of athletic looking kids from what I could see driving by. Also wondering if that QB is still at Robinson. I think his last name is Begley maybe and I believe is a 8th grader this year. I know there was a lot of excitement about him last year. 

Man, this is definitely a game I would like to see and I hate to listen like the old days.I remember my dad telling about coming home and listening to the rebroadcast of his Greeneville basketball game with his dad.Grand dad had been in the fields all day and didn't think the game had already been played.Atleast this will be live on the air.