2A AP Poll 9/20

PurplePower68

46 minutes ago, pujo said:

And neither has punched their ticket yet. Think the East has a few legit challengers.

Westview has improved drastically from last year. The line is much better. Simpson is visibly faster and scrambles better. If you cover the receivers he will run and he can run. He is the best high school qb I have ever watched in person. The speed he throws the ball at makes it harder on the db to break a pass up. The accuracy is like a guided missile. I’m not exaggerating. 

21 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Westview has improved drastically from last year. The line is much better. Simpson is visibly faster and scrambles better. If you cover the receivers he will run and he can run. He is the best high school qb I have ever watched in person. The speed he throws the ball at makes it harder on the db to break a pass up. The accuracy is like a guided missile. I’m not exaggerating. 

You don't have to sell me. Just don't see anyone in 2a  beating them.

2 hours ago, Bledsoebtheboys said:

It’s not been that many years ago. Meigs hasn’t been world beaters until 4 years ago. Pipeline started. 

My demeanor matches yours sir. I would like to have a respectful conversation with you but you want to take jabs. It doesn't bother me at all but it's too fun not to reply in kind. As far as pipeline I will admit kids want to come and play at Meigs. But we may get one to two transfers a year. I do know alot of families tried to come to Meigs but couldn't find housing to fit their needs from what I'm told.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Yeti said:

My demeanor matches yours sir. I would like to have a respectful conversation with you but you want to take jabs. It doesn't bother me at all but it's too fun not to reply in kind. As far as pipeline I will admit kids want to come and play at Meigs. But we may get one to two transfers a year. I do know alot of families tried to come to Meigs but couldn't find housing to fit their needs from what I'm told.

I just like yanking your chain because it’s funny. I’m going to be honest if they don’t want to play here and want to go somewhere because of a chance at a ring then so be it. Like you said you can’t deny it but I don’t know if that says your coach is good person to play for or if their handing out McDonald’s bags in Decatur. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bledsoebtheboys said:

I just like yanking your chain because it’s funny. I’m going to be honest if they don’t want to play here and want to go somewhere because of a chance at a ring then so be it. Like you said you can’t deny it but I don’t know if that says your coach is good person to play for or if their handing out McDonald’s bags in Decatur. 

You will always have the daddies and kids who want "more" but to be clear we rarely get transfers. Most times if we get one we seem to lose 2 to the same cause. It's not easy to get a starting spot at a school that has made it to the semis 2 years in a row so it works both ways if that makes sense. And no McDonald's bags here. If you get rid of that poultry smell you may be able to construct your own pipeline. :roflol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bledsoebtheboys said:

I've had 2 kids go through the program at Meigs both lineman. One started and one didn't. Fitzgerald is not only a great coach but a fantastic person. He never heard one peep out of me for playing time for the one that didn't start. Parents know who deserves to be on the field and who doesnt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

I've had 2 kids go through the program at Meigs both lineman. One started and one didn't. Fitzgerald is not only a great coach but a fantastic person. He never heard one peep out of me for playing time for the one that didn't start. Parents know who deserves to be on the field and who doesnt.

Wished we had hired him the second time he applied at mc.