Lincoln County coach fired

GG22

@MC4FHSBut as somebody that has lived in lc all my life I want both schools to do good I went to both schools before the spilt . And Im tired of hearing that lc can’t be competitive without the city kids there is good talent at the middle schools in the county. And lc is in a very weak region they can be in the playoffs every year. 

9 minutes ago, Lcvol said:

@PullinGuard I will say we need to get bill heath out of there and bring Marshall county’s superintendent home. Heath is not in good graces of the guys everybody wants to bring home as principal and coach if your from lc you know who I’m talking about. 

Know all you mentioned well and would be happy for them all to be back home - would likely be the very best thing LC could do if they could pull it off.  

Edited by PullinGuard
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lcvol said:

@MC4FHSBut as somebody that has lived in lc all my life I want both schools to do good I went to both schools before the spilt . And Im tired of hearing that lc can’t be competitive without the city kids there is good talent at the middle schools in the county. And lc is in a very weak region they can be in the playoffs every year. 

Sorry I offended you.  I, too, definitely want both schools to be successful.

Problem with blaming City is that LCHS’s pre-FHS statistics are not good in the playoffs for the reasons you stated and if you roll the 350 FHS students back into LCHS, the Falcons are right back up there with the 5A and 6A Murfreesboro/Nashville/etc  schools you mentioned that we couldn’t beat in the playoffs.

Let’s hope LCHS brings in a great HC and staff that can shape all the players from those 5 county middle schools into a winner!

It will be great when other teams dread coming inside Lincoln County to play football at The Pit or Tiger Hill!

• Like 1

I remember seeing the Lincoln County teams of the early 90s, Oak Ridge played thee in 1990 and lost a tough one, they had great coaching and athletes, plus size.  I was wondering what has happened to them,  Past experience is when the administration gets too much into the football program, than the football program loses, we went through that in the late 2000s. Good luck getting the Falcons back on track.

FIrst off, I have no dog in this hunt. Just an outsider looking in.

Why was he fired not even halfway through the season? If he was that bad, why was he even rehired after last year?

By doing it now, you really have no chance to right the ship. You still have the same staff. Same players. You are just putting someone else in the driver seat. Same engine. Same parts. Can't go changing everything in mid stream and think it will suddenly click. There is a reason the off season is as long as it is.

Did he make the wrong person mad? Not play a donor's kid or councilman's son? Was he a bad classroom teacher? Did he do something outside of football? I mean if if was X's and O's wasn't it evident after last season?

Just trying to understand the timing. I have seen it done in week 8 or more. Just not with 6 games left.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

One of the best atmosphere high school football games I’ve ever been too was at LCHS in 03 or 04 I can’t remember. It was a quarter final game between them and Riverdale. I’m a fan of neither team, I was on a hunting trip down there that weekend and decided to catch a ball game. I had to park at the Walmart across the street and the stadium was packed standing room only 3-4 rows deep around the fence. heckuva ball game and atmosphere. I believe Riverdale won something like 12-7, can’t remember exactly just know it was close.

It’s a shame the program is where it’s at today.

2 hours ago, Indian said:

It’s been said “the athletes” go to Fayetteville HS, I guess Lincoln is left with 1200 country bumpkins, 600 males, with 2 left or right feet? It’s hard to believe nobody left in the halls has some ability. 

Maybe you should go see both teams play. 

3 hours ago, Indian said:

It’s been said “the athletes” go to Fayetteville HS, I guess Lincoln is left with 1200 country bumpkins, 600 males, with 2 left or right feet? It’s hard to believe nobody left in the halls has some ability. 

I mean, this is pretty much the case in every rural county in the state. If we ever had a city/county split in Henry County, we would be facing the same issues. We already see it at the middle school level (our city middle school blows the doors off the county middle school every year). 

Not saying people need to start whining or making excuses, it’s just the demographic reality of high school football.  

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, MichaelMyers76 said:

FIrst off, I have no dog in this hunt. Just an outsider looking in.

Why was he fired not even halfway through the season? If he was that bad, why was he even rehired after last year?

By doing it now, you really have no chance to right the ship. You still have the same staff. Same players. You are just putting someone else in the driver seat. Same engine. Same parts. Can't go changing everything in mid stream and think it will suddenly click. There is a reason the off season is as long as it is.

Did he make the wrong person mad? Not play a donor's kid or councilman's son? Was he a bad classroom teacher? Did he do something outside of football? I mean if if was X's and O's wasn't it evident after last season?

Just trying to understand the timing. I have seen it done in week 8 or more. Just not with 6 games left.

Neither of the past 2 coaches were endorsed to teach ANYthing in TN.  Rose was making over $80,000 and helped teach one class with 2 other coaches.  

23 hours ago, MSURacer said:

I mean, this is pretty much the case in every rural county in the state. If we ever had a city/county split in Henry County, we would be facing the same issues. We already see it at the middle school level (our city middle school blows the doors off the county middle school every year). 

Not saying people need to start whining or making excuses, it’s just the demographic reality of high school football.  

I just would hate to be told, in so many words or specifically, “you can’t compete” without students not attending the school. The TSSAA threw a rural-urban breakdown out there a while back to see what kind of support it would have. With this 2 year classification might have been time to try something experimental, Lincoln likely would have been with Warren, Franklin Co, Tullahoma, etc, no Murfreesboro Or Nashville teams in region or playoffs. 

Edited by Indian