The 5-1 Seymour Eagles welcome the 6-0 Greeneville Greene Devils. A punchers chance????

noonesfool

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

They have D1 athletes in Kendall Jackson (3star and 18 offers), Jai Hundley, and Brandon Heyward (Sophomore with 7 D1 offers already).  The biggest weakness has been line play to get them open in Space.  Their three losses have came against SD, Bearden, and Farragut and never been beaten by more than a TD.  They are also coming off a State Runner up in 5a last year so it could be just putting it together.  Don't count them out just yet blazer

Duuudddeee??? Farragut is the worst 1 loss team in Knox County. South Doyle has won 1 game and Bearden hasn't won 1 yet.  Oak Ridge on the schedule is just that...Oak Ridge on the schedule. It looks better than a local 3A team. The upside is there are D-1 athletes that will likely get attention in the game against Greeneville. Exposure is everything. 

15 hours ago, barb said:

Duuudddeee??? Farragut is the worst 1 loss team in Knox County. South Doyle has won 1 game and Bearden hasn't won 1 yet.  Oak Ridge on the schedule is just that...Oak Ridge on the schedule. It looks better than a local 3A team. The upside is there are D-1 athletes that will likely get attention in the game against Greeneville. Exposure is everything. 

All three of those teams would wax anyone in 3a that would be classified as Local to NE Tennessee.  Farragut lost to Knox West (41-38) who is ranked #2 in 5a after losing to Alcoa in 2OT last week, They also have lost to Maryville (#2 in 6a) and Cleveland (#10 in 6a) and Beech who is alway in the hunt in 5a.  SD has close losses to Farragut and AC, and Bearden has a good D just no offense at all.  I'm not saying Oak Ridge are world beaters and don't think they will beat the Greene Devil's but looking at our schedule Oak Ridge is one of the top 3 teams on it even at a 2-3 record.  Lets see how they do with Powell this week because like the Greene Devil's, Powell has a ton of athletes with multiple D1 offers all over the field in Greene, Redmond, Foust, and both Nolen brothers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

All three of those teams would wax anyone in 3a that would be classified as Local to NE Tennessee.  Farragut lost to Knox West (41-38) who is ranked #2 in 5a after losing to Alcoa in 2OT last week, They also have lost to Maryville (#2 in 6a) and Cleveland (#10 in 6a) and Beech who is alway in the hunt in 5a.  SD has close losses to Farragut and AC, and Bearden has a good D just no offense at all.  I'm not saying Oak Ridge are world beaters and don't think they will beat the Greene Devil's but looking at our schedule Oak Ridge is one of the top 3 teams on it even at a 2-3 record.  Lets see how they do with Powell this week because like the Greene Devil's, Powell has a ton of athletes with multiple D1 offers all over the field in Greene, Redmond, Foust, and both Nolen brothers.

You get it Swipes.Wiser then most of us on coacht.Greeneville has a great team but just last week,DB was within a score of our Devils in the second half  .My concern is the perfect storm for a complete playoff game. You always show respect and prepare as if it was the greatest team your going to face.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

You get it Swipes.Wiser then most of us on coacht.Greeneville has a great team but just last week,DB was within a score of our Devils in the second half  .My concern is the perfect storm for a complete playoff game. You always show respect and prepare as if it was the greatest team your going to face.

You know I like to smack talk with the best of them but never over look an opponent.  Never did as a former Greene Devils and never did as a high school LB's coach.  Some poster's know me personally like @noonesfool and know I'm straight shooter that likes to ruffle some feathers at times.  Maybe he can tell you about the only after school detention (Or lunch detentions) I got at GHS for trying to show off to my friends by drifting in the back parking lot when I first got my license and it was still gravel back there.  I dreaded going to his office after school that day because I knew he would be more disappointed in me than upset since I was a captain and starter.

Edited by Swipes

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

You know I like to smack talk with the best of them but never over look an opponent.  Never did as a former Greene Devils and never did as a high school LB's coach.  Some poster's know me personally like @noonesfool and know I'm straight shooter that likes to ruffle some feathers at times.  Maybe he can tell you about the only after school detention (Or lunch detentions) I got at GHS for trying to show off to my friends by drifting in the back parking lot when I first got my license and it was still gravel back there.  I dreaded going to his office after school that day because I knew he would be more disappointed in me than upset since I was a captain and starter.

All truths.

14 hours ago, Swipes said:

I understand,my first car was a Chevelle, at least until I proved a 16 year old and  a 396 engine were not meant for each other . I also made a few poor decisions.Had to go to the vice principals office one day  ( he took care of kids that lost their way to school and such things ).He ask me " how were  the fish biting below the dam yesterday ".Have no idea to this day how he knew I skipped school to go fishing below the dam on the Asheville highway.

Looking at Seymour and GHS opponents records. Will not count the losses to specific team.

GHS opp. 23 wins 5 losses (+6 losses to GHS) 1.Elizabethton  Would be 5-0  2.Knox Central                   4-1  3.Kingsport  5-0  4.Grainger                   3-2  5.Morristown West 4-1                                          6.Volunteer 2-2

Seymour opp. 8 wins 20 losses (+5 losses to Seymour)

One of the problems of any special team, is due to the outrageous scores people tend to diminish their opponents.

Edited by noonesfool

On 9/29/2021 at 8:36 AM, BatmanDevil said:

I understand,my first car was a Chevelle, at least until I proved a 16 year old and  a 396 engine were not meant for each other . I also made a few poor decisions.Had to go to the vice principals office one day  ( he took care of kids that lost their way to school and such things ).He ask me " how were  the fish biting below the dam yesterday ".Have no idea to this day how he knew I skipped school to go fishing below the dam on the Asheville highway.

Caiped Crewsaidur thait story reeminds mee ov my old ellymintree skool daze att Allin-Wick.....We haid a klassmait "Vergil" and Verg haid failed a few graids......Butt him and hiz diddy were mechanicul wizzards.....So tha necks two laist day of skool inn tha 6th graid Verge wint two taik hiz drivin' test and gott hiz drivin' licence.....Tha laist day ov skool inn 6th graid ole Verge wheels inn a bewtyfull SS396 Chevelle and parks out necks two tha teechers....Needluss two say......Verge wuz a populur man onn tha campus att tha U ov Allin-Wick thait day....:popcorneater:

9 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Caiped Crewsaidur thait story reeminds mee ov my old ellymintree skool daze att Allin-Wick.....We haid a klassmait "Vergil" and Verg haid failed a few graids......Butt him and hiz diddy were mechanicul wizzards.....So tha necks two laist day of skool inn tha 6th graid Verge wint two taik hiz drivin' test and gott hiz drivin' licence.....Tha laist day ov skool inn 6th graid ole Verge wheels inn a bewtyfull SS396 Chevelle and parks out necks two tha teechers....Needluss two say......Verge wuz a populur man onn tha campus att tha U ov Allin-Wick thait day....:popcorneater:

Ha,reminds me of a classmate I had in the eighth grade in Greene county.He drove his dad's three speed on the column bronco ( that would burn the tires off when he left ) or his own  motorcycle.Man,ole Batman was jealous riding the school bus.

33 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Ha,reminds me of a classmate I had in the eighth grade in Greene county.He drove his dad's three speed on the column bronco ( that would burn the tires off when he left ) or his own  motorcycle.Man,ole Batman was jealous riding the school bus.

Batman, a long time ago I learned, to thine own self be true through cars. I had saved $600 in 1970 for some type of used it will go fast vehicle. I never ever smoked anything, respected the ladies and never had a drink till I was legal and in a proper setting. But I love speed.

my parents put my middle brother in a 1974 Nova, Youngest Brother in a Duster and me in a 1971 pinto. When I graduated from college in 1976 from college I got a 1976 Grand Torino and tore it up in two years. Parents very smart.

• Like 1