FORREST AT CASCADE 2021- R5 (3RD TIER) CHAMPIONSHIP

GeneralForrest

If people from Bell Buckle/ Wartrace posted on the forum we would know if this is the biggest game in Cascade football since 2013? Cascade tries to run their win streak over Forrest to 2 as the undefeated Champions actually have a chance to be region champions in football for the first time in years. Only two games available on NFHS to scout Cascade are against Moore County and Mt. Pleasant. They look every bit as good if not better than they did last year. Forrest has the talent to pull away but that's not a guarantee. Game should be a good one. History shows Forrest either goes ahead early and cruises or Cascade keeps it close and wins at the end. 

5 hours ago, Salem said:

If people from Bell Buckle/ Wartrace posted on the forum we would know if this is the biggest game in Cascade football since 2013? Cascade tries to run their win streak over Forrest to 2 as the undefeated Champions actually have a chance to be region champions in football for the first time in years. Only two games available on NFHS to scout Cascade are against Moore County and Mt. Pleasant. They look every bit as good if not better than they did last year. Forrest has the talent to pull away but that's not a guarantee. Game should be a good one. History shows Forrest either goes ahead early and cruises or Cascade keeps it close and wins at the end. 

cascade has played no one. forrest has played cornersville and marion. and even tho they lost both, its light years ahead of any cascade opponents.  21 against richland? 25 against cannon? our middle school could score 28 against them. 

so they lose the senior QB and are as good if not better? how? Cascades 6 wins are against the worst 6 teams in the state

Fri Aug. 20 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Moore County
W 29-14
 Fri Aug. 27 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #21 Cannon County

W 25-0
 Fri Sep. 3 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Mt. Pleasant R
W 16-14
 Fri Sep. 10 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #15 Huntland

W 28-17
 Fri Sep. 17 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Richland R
W 21-14
 Fri Sep. 24 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #22 Community

W 33-14
Edited by GeneralForrest

I think that Cascade has momentum and are going to be sky high for this game. Also, it is a home game and there should be a big crowd. There is a lot is on the line, but Forrest has been there before and for that reason I am picking Forest in a defensive battle 14-7.

Edited by ddaddy

4 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

I think that Cascade has momentum and are going to be sky high for this game. Also, it is a home game and there should be a big crowd. There is a lot is on the line, but Forest has been there before and for that reason I am picking Forest in a defensive battle 14-7.

Cascade does get hype for Forrest.  But Forrest has done better at Cascade than at home. They've lost twice to Cascade since 2013. Both at Chapel Hill. Both by 3 points or fewer. 

Cascade gets almost too hype for Forrest. They get lots of penalties and cheap shots. This game is almost guaranteed to get dirty. Forrest, if they want to be region champs, needs to resist that as much as possible. 

2 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Cascade does get hype for Forrest.  But Forrest has done better at Cascade than at home. They've lost twice to Cascade since 2013. Both at Chapel Hill. Both by 3 points or fewer. 

Cascade gets almost too hype for Forrest. They get lots of penalties and cheap shots. This game is almost guaranteed to get dirty. Forrest, if they want to be region champs, needs to resist that as much as possible. 

I watch one of those games a few years back. If Cascade didn't have the believe factor then I would pick Forrest by 2 or 3 scores. 

49 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

cascade has played no one. forrest has played cornersville and marion. and even tho they lost both, its light years ahead of any cascade opponents.  21 against richland? 25 against cannon? our middle school could score 28 against them. 

so they lose the senior QB and are as good if not better? how? Cascades 6 wins are against the worst 6 teams in the state

I'm just going by the Moore and Mt. Pleasant games.  New QB throws better and runs decent this year. Not as fast as last years but he runs harder. They run more spread and less wingt. A few good receivers and one small back is quick.  Defense is solid again. Very few seniors so they will be even better next year. Cascade had a more impressive performance against Moore than us and I was told they completely shut Eagleville down with all their players in a scrimmage. They look well coached and disciplined. 

Forrest has played 2 teams with a pulse this year and one of those doesn't have an offense.  Eagleville was a JV squad due to injuries when we played them. Moore County is so down. And then we had the two Lawrence County patsies. Over the last season and a half Forrest is 10-7 with our easiest schedule since the 1990's.  Let that sink in. As ddaddy noted they are undefeated and playing at home against a big rival, they think they are better than they are and will play like it at the beginning. We couldn't get a first down last year with our game plan. Didn't score on offense for 47 minutes. 

Edited by Salem

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

New QB throws better and runs decent this year. Not as fast as last years but he runs harder. They run more spread and less wingt. A few good receivers and one small back is quick.  Defense is solid again.

i mean goodness are you describing cascade or watertown 2018. 

Cascade had a more impressive performance against Moore than us

in what way 

They look well coached and disciplined. 

theyve been the opposite since 2014. they are dirty as can be and very undisciplined. they do play hard. ive never been crazy about their coach. eli is likely worse i realize. 

i also stand by my assertion that Forrest has played a much tougher schedule.  if cascade boat races the rockets then ill stand corrected. i cannot imagine an easier schedule in any class than what they have played. citing Forrest's horrible results since Nick McClendon graduated doesnt change that. 

Finally, i will restate that with Eli as coach anything is possible. i marvel that Forrest is all in the same uniform each friday. cascade might win 38-0 by that logic.

I'm still picking Forrest by 10. 

25 minutes ago, TSNSports said:

You can watch this game FREE on TennesseeSportsNet LIVE and ON-DEMAND (afterwards) TSNSports Forrest Page>

https://tennesseesportsnet.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=54&action=edit

You guys do a great job. I've watched the Marion game a couple times.

Edited by PurplePower68
  • Like 1