FORREST AT RICHLAND

GeneralForrest

Forrest should have won in the 49-7 range. They made a ton of mistakes on both sides and Richland's TDs were both the result of the wackiest flukiest plays you will ever see. 

But this is what you are going to get with Forrest. Even the 2016 and 2019 Region Champs had games where they let inferior opponents hang around for far too long. Those Forrest teams finished well in the 3rd and 4th, and that's what happened last night.  But Forrest seems incapable of avoiding really stupid stuff like personal foul penalties, horrible play calling on 3rd down on offense, defensive secondary not batting balls down, and instead going for the INT only to have the receiver make an incomprehensible catch, etc. 

This might be good enough to win 1, maybe 2, playoff games. But this idea that Forrest, in this incarnation, is going to the semis or even the quarters, is completely and utterly laughable. Lewis or Riverside will beat them by 2 TDs if the game were this weekend. They have a lot to clean up. It starts now. 

For starters last night, Forrest fumbled the opening kickoff, and this was supposedly after being focused and dialed in all week. I'll take just treating it like a normal game, thanks. Just play. Stop putting apocalyptic weight to everything. Just go play.  

Lastly, Chris Davis, a wonderful athlete, went down last night and I hope Salem or someone can provide details soon. I hope it isn't serious. He is very fun to watch.  

49 minutes ago, Overland said:

SEVEN yards rushing in the 2nd half. Wow! Richland was in passing situations a lot but still impressive. 

It was a good recap. Quick turnaround too!

And I will say this about Richland- MAN have they come a long way. They might be the 2nd best team in R5. It's at least a discussion. Their fans should feel very good about the future with the current staff and talent base. 

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

The @TSNSports guys did a very good job last night. T Roy and Noble? I know who T Roy is. Who is Noble? He was really good and he brings out the best in T Roy. They make a real good combo. Hope to hear these two together more.  Well done guys. 

Thanks so much for the shout out. Troy Cashion and "Noval" Mayes are the best in the high school business, IMO. Not leaving out Ricky Sweeney, the best stat man in the biz.

And I take this very serious with production of the program. We are all very blessed!

Thanks again and thanks for watching.

22 minutes ago, TSNSports said:

Thanks so much for the shout out. Troy Cashion and "Noval" Mayes are the best in the high school business, IMO. Not leaving out Ricky Sweeney, the best stat man in the biz.

And I take this very serious with production of the program. We are all very blessed!

Thanks again and thanks for watching.

Yes... Sweeney is the guy who chimes in occasionally and was on top of the clock issues last night, am I correct?

It's easy for me to be an armchair QB.  it's not easy to pull off what you guys do...ive tried to limit my critiques lol 

You guys have a dream gig honestly! You get to be al michaels and collinsworth for your favorite team every week! but i know its a lot of work. 

there are lots of out of town fans who are older, like myself, who really rely on your program and coverage. so thanks again

• Like 1