Week 8 5A R7 games

brian2000

This week the region steps outside for one final time ....except for 3-4 (2-1) Portland who has a bye. I predict 3/5 teams to come away victorious. 

6-1 (3-0) Springfield vs 4-2 Beech 

14-13 Jackets 

3-4 (2-1) Henry @ 2-3 Puducah Tilgh. 
28-21 HC

3-4 (1-2) Kenwood vs 2-5 Rossview 

23-21 Kenwood 

2-5 (1-2) NE @ 4-3 Father Ryan 

28-14 FR 

1-6 (0-3) NW @ 5-1 Nashville Christian 

42-14 NC

On 10/4/2021 at 3:55 PM, RollRed said:

Even with the injuries we have I can’t see HC losing this game. And I wish you would stop that paid off Referee stuff. It’s beneath you. News flash the referees suck everywhere you go anymore. 

I heard the refs did get a good booing as they exited the field :mrgreen:

On 10/4/2021 at 7:50 AM, TheCommissioner said:

You could be right in your prediction ,Commissioner. Most of the booing  by your side was over the false start calls. You have to know that a man in motion cannot make any move upfield  before the snap .For whatever reason he kept doing it , I do agree that the pass interference call was bogus.

GO BI RED

1 hour ago, olddevil said:

You could be right in your prediction ,Commissioner. Most of the booing  by your side was over the false start calls. You have to know that a man in motion cannot make any move upfield  before the snap .For whatever reason he kept doing it , I do agree that the pass interference call was bogus.

GO BI RED

For me it was the fumble towards end of game. A Jacket stripped the ball way before kid hit the ground. Ref on top of  it called it down.  Then I rewatched it on the Jackets stream and the ref called it wrong.

GO BI RED

I agree, sir. I missed you.  Hope to see you in the third round 

20 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

For me it was the fumble towards end of game. A Jacket stripped the ball way before kid hit the ground. Ref on top of  it called it down.  Then I rewatched it on the Jackets stream and the ref called it wrong.

I know that the rules for PI in High School is so very different from college and pros.  I try hard not to comment anything about those.  I had a friend who is an official give me a rulebook one year and after reading on PI I was more confused than before reading. I wasn't there but I watched Terrence broadcast on YouTube.  The fumble looked to me to be a strip while the HC player was standing.  But it could have been the camera angle as well.  Such a big win for the Jackets.  Hope we can do it again in the 3rd round 

GO BI RED

A lot of the frustration from where I was sitting was the lack of holding calls against our fast defensive linemen. 
Was that your tailgate tent on the corner of the practice field as you walk to the visiting gate, Old Devil?

2 hours ago, JacketLover said:

A lot of the frustration from where I was sitting was the lack of holding calls against our fast defensive linemen. 
Was that your tailgate tent on the corner of the practice field as you walk to the visiting gate, Old Devil?

Yes i joked with 84 after the game and told him he may get a christmas card form the tackle that kept wanting to hug him, he laughed and said there is always holding but he had never been held so much in his life. The tent set up was very nice...i love the football atmosphere there. 

6 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

I know that the rules for PI in High School is so very different from college and pros.  I try hard not to comment anything about those.  I had a friend who is an official give me a rulebook one year and after reading on PI I was more confused than before reading. I wasn't there but I watched Terrence broadcast on YouTube.  The fumble looked to me to be a strip while the HC player was standing.  But it could have been the camera angle as well.  Such a big win for the Jackets.  Hope we can do it again in the 3rd round 

We seen it from the stands. Our fans weren’t happy with that one