West TN Rural Top 12 Week 8

Just for the heck of it, I thought I would see how Cal Preps, Massey, and Moore rank the top 12 teams in rural West Tennessee.  The number in parentheses indicates where each one of the ratings rank the team in the state as a whole.  I tried to double check, but forgive me if I made some mistakes.

Cal Preps:

1.  Dyersburg (25)
2.  Covington (30)
3.  Haywood (37)
4.  Hardin Co. (41)
5.  Peabody (42)
6.  Westview (43)
7.  McKenzie (63)
8.  Munford (75)
9.  Huntingdon (79)
10. USJ (83)
11. Henry Co. (90)
12. North Side (113)

Massey:

1.  Haywood (27)
2.  Hardin Co. (41)
3.  Dyersburg (52)
4.  Covington (56)
5.  Henry Co. (72)
6.  Westview (74)
7.  Peabody (77)
8.  USJ (80)
9.  McKenzie (86)
10. Huntingdon (99)
11. South Gibson (101)
12. Munford (102)

Moore:

1.  Haywood (10)
2.  Hardin Co. (18)
3.  Westview (24)
4.  McKenzie (28)
5.  Covington (29)
6.  Dyersburg (40)
7.  Huntingdon (54)
8.  Munford (58)
9.  USj (60)
10. Peabody (64)
11. South Gibson (84)
12. Dresden (87)

The odd thing about High School football is there hasn’t been any “major upsets” so far this year. Everything has pretty much stayed on par with what’s going on.

I will say the most “surprising” team so far is Dresden (if I have to pick one). Other than Dresden, no one has been surprising to me. 
The most disappointing team so far is Bruceton.

7 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

The odd thing about High School football is there hasn’t been any “major upsets” so far this year. Everything has pretty much stayed on par with what’s going on.

I will say the most “surprising” team so far is Dresden (if I have to pick one). Other than Dresden, no one has been surprising to me. 
The most disappointing team so far is Bruceton.

Dresden isn't really a surprise other than the speed that it came together for them. When their old coach was rehired, you just knew that they'd be back pretty soon. Humboldt has sort of underachieved in my opinion...The former coach had them going in the right direction in a big way, and I thought Teddy would be further along now.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:06 PM, tradertwo said:

Dresden isn't really a surprise other than the speed that it came together for them. When their old coach was rehired, you just knew that they'd be back pretty soon. Humboldt has sort of underachieved in my opinion...The former coach had them going in the right direction in a big way, and I thought Teddy would be further along now.

I agreed on Dresden. If I have to pick one team that's surprising to me, it would be them. Overall, no one has stood out to me.  Regarding to Humboldt, I do think they have underachieved to my expectations as well. However, getting to the playoffs is a success for the Humboldt program this year. It doesn't matter how they get there. The win at Greenfield puts them in the spot for a "win and in" game against Halls on the last week of the season. I have to keep reminding myself that 1A football in West Tennessee is down right pathetic. That's where Bruceton comes in as my disappointing team in West Tennessee. They have allowed over 160 points in the last 3 games. I know they made a coaching change late into the offseason. I thought they had a chance to compete for a 2 seed in Region 6-1A, and now they're on the cusp of playing Perry County next week which will be a battle for the winless. Going to practice is not fun if you're a player for the Bruceton Tigers right now. Bruceton is more disappointing to me because Humboldt has a chance to reach their expectations and feed off of that.