Meigs vs Tyner

Meeru

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

@TCRadio @Yeti who has home field in the 3rd round this year region 3 or 4. There’s been 2 teams from region 4 the last three years and I can’t remember whose turn it is to host?

2 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I think 3 but not 100% sure.  I was told if we win region the first 3 rounds would be at home but don't hold me to it.

Region 3 will host qtrs. AFAIK 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

We didn’t execute because the Tyner coaches new exactly where the ball was going, and Tyner would overload to that side. I just feel like we are going to have to pass the ball more to get to where we won’t to go, and I know they doubled teamed Huckleby most of the night, but I think we need to find ways to get him the ball more. Would you ever think you would here a Meigs fan say. I think we won the game because of our kicking game lol. Huckleby’s punting was really good last night, making Tyner play out of the endzone.

I agree with everything.  Our guys gave it all they had. Tyner is a good football team.

It's hard to execute when they know what your trying to do and going to do. We either got to throw it more or throw in a reverse or screen pass or end around or anything besides same old stuff we been doing over and over. 

We have the athletes and size to run over most teams but against the better teams and better coached teams we stall out. You can all most forget about it if we get a false start or holding call. That drive is dead against a good D with that offense we put out there last night. 

Our defense and special teams won us that game last night.

We better work some things out before Marion or it will be looking like a long haul in the playoffs through some tough road games in rounds 2, 3 and 4.

I'm sure Marion is going to be just as prepared for us as Tyner was and if we come out running the 3 straight running plays to the same side it's going to be the same outcome. Then try to throw it a couple times a game in obvious passing downs it will end up a different outcome on the road.

15 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

It was a great atmosphere and a wonderful high school football game.  High intensity - high drama - mistakes by both teams and by the refs but with as many dud games both fan bases have had - it was a joy for me at least to see a great game. I wish we could play you again but I don’t see it happening.  We will have our hands absolutely full to try to beat the second place team from region 4 - I don’t buy that those teams are down.  Meigs will have their hands full with Marion for sure.

I will be honest here and not trying to knock your team but I like Marions chances against you.  I think winner of our first round game will travel to Marion in week 2 but we shall see and these games must play out.

Good luck in the playoffs. You have seen Marion and us up close so I will take your word. 

If we don't change some things on offense and try to mix it up more it could get ugly on the road at Marion.

Our D is pretty stout and they don't throw it around as much as you guys so we got a decent shot. We got a pretty solid run defense.  Pass defense is lacking and tackling in space has been a problem for years. We like to lay off receivers 10 yards back off line of scrimmage for some odd reason. We got a couple solid DB's but you noticed our QB played in the secondary the entire game last night.

He only does that in big games. 

It's going to be a challenge on the road against Marion but homefield advantage in rounds 2 and 3 is on the line so hopefully the Tigers will be ready to play score some points

16 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I agree with everything.  Our guys gave it all they had. Tyner is a good football team.

It's hard to execute when they know what your trying to do and going to do. We either got to throw it more or throw in a reverse or screen pass or end around or anything besides same old stuff we been doing over and over. 

We have the athletes and size to run over most teams but against the better teams and better coached teams we stall out. You can all most forget about it if we get a false start or holding call. That drive is dead against a good D with that offense we put out there last night. 

We better work some things out before Marion or it will be looking like a long haul in the playoffs through some tough road games in rounds 2, 3 and 4.

I'm sure Marion is going to be just as prepared for us as Tyner was and if we come out running the 3 straight running plays to the same side it's going to be the same outcome. Then try to throw it a couple times a game in obvious passing downs it will end up a different outcome on the road.

Maybe maybe not.  We really mirror Meigs.  Stubborn, you know what's coming now see if you can stop it.  If you can, then we may be in trouble.  So far, no one has been able to.  I expect meigs will be ready for the challenge with two weeks to prepare.  To quote the evil nick Saban, I don't care if the team we play has been off for a month, if we do what we are supposed to it doesn't matter.  I would expect a massive crowd in 2 weeks.  I just hope the injury bug doesn't bite us any worse next week.

13 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Does it get tiring posting the same thing over and over again? Just curious. TIA

1 hour ago, ElGoat said:

Does it get tiring posting the same thing over and over again? Just curious. TIA

Just like Meigs offense. Running same plays over and over again and listening to you talk about how great the coach is and how if you win by one point or 50 it's a win. 

I finally got some people seeing what's going on.

I love Meigs football. Our guys fight hard and give it there all. Our coaches are great. Our fans are awesome

It's ok to say to sometimes you get outcoached or things go your way or don't go your way or you get a little luck. We got some rain last night second half.

Running those same old plays over and over almost bit us last night. 

If you can't admit that your blind. Punter, Defense and the trick play saved us. Offense did nothing all night. 

It's ok. Just got to work on some things.

You must be a coach or a fanboy

• Upvote 1

I watched this game last night.  the tigers did what it took to win.  I have followed them the past 2 years once the playoffs started and they always seemm to do what it takes to win.  thankfully,now they are in region 3 which includes marion (one of the valley teams i follow).  I watched marion beat tyner also last week.  the marion meigs game will be a dandy.  this is the first game i have seen of meigs this year.  tyner looked way better than them on the hoof. for meigs to win the ball game says alot about the tradition they have, the coaching they have, and the way the players compete.  That being said, I think marion may have the upperhand in the week 10 matchup.

To the poster who complains about meigs in this thread - i only started following yall the past couple of years after i saw you play south pitt the 1st year. the only other "recent" memory i have of meigs is in 2016 when marion won 43-6 and it couldve ben whatever they wanted it to be.  be careful not to forget where you've been to get to where you are.  or maybe you are one of those people that just became a part of the program recently and have no idea what kind of work it took to get there.

Overall, still a great atmosphere for football, meigs.  I enjoyed myself.  See you in 2 weeks in my neck of the "valley"

• Like 1

Our team played hard. Tyner was well prepared for us but even behind at the half I knew we could turn it around. Following Meigs for a few years you just expect a win when you go to a game. That's the culture we have. I've heard first hand players and coaches take accountability for what we as a team "did wrong" long story short we will gain the kind of experience  we needed to make a stronger push in 2 weeks and in the playoffs. Being a region game it mattered alot for us. But the experience and gains we got from this game will make us alot better. I'm proud of Meigs and how they played. Tyner wanted it as bad as we did and the scoreboard showed it. If we play them again we will be much better prepared for what they have. They were prepared for what we showed them and we still won the game even if just barely. I'd like our chances again if we played. Go Meigs.

47 minutes ago, TheBest2018 said:

I watched this game last night.  the tigers did what it took to win.  I have followed them the past 2 years once the playoffs started and they always seemm to do what it takes to win.  thankfully,now they are in region 3 which includes marion (one of the valley teams i follow).  I watched marion beat tyner also last week.  the marion meigs game will be a dandy.  this is the first game i have seen of meigs this year.  tyner looked way better than them on the hoof. for meigs to win the ball game says alot about the tradition they have, the coaching they have, and the way the players compete.  That being said, I think marion may have the upperhand in the week 10 matchup.

To the poster who complains about meigs in this thread - i only started following yall the past couple of years after i saw you play south pitt the 1st year. the only other "recent" memory i have of meigs is in 2016 when marion won 43-6 and it couldve ben whatever they wanted it to be.  be careful not to forget where you've been to get to where you are.  or maybe you are one of those people that just became a part of the program recently and have no idea what kind of work it took to get there.

Overall, still a great atmosphere for football, meigs.  I enjoyed myself.  See you in 2 weeks in my neck of the "valley"

Its football talk. We got a couple guys on here don't like when you say anything negative about anything about our Tigers or our town. I understand. I have seen Meigs struggle for years and watched Meigs have success with those teams back in the 90's that made a couple runs to the semis and state. We had some solid teams in the 70's and 80's as well.  I set in the stands for many of those losing seasons also. 

You said it yourself. Tyner looked like the better team and your feel that after watching Marion and Tyner and Meigs that Marion has the advantage. Its just football talk. 

Our boys have a lot of heart and never quit. Thats what has kept us in a lot of close games over these last couple of years. We have been overmatched and outsized in many games and came away with the win. 

Its going to be a battle in two weeks and its going to take a lot of heart and fight from our boys to take out Marion on the road. 

If wanting them to throw it a little more or do something besides the obvious is complaining then so be it. I been a fan of Meigs for over 50 years. I was setting right next to a lot of other fans screaming come on they know whats coming and try something else after several 3 and outs and losing yards going backwards. 

We have a great coaching staff. Some of the other teams in the region do also. Its ok to admit that. We are going to be oversized and outplayed and outcoached sometimes. It happens. There is nothing wrong with that. Some people just do not like hearing that. 

We just got to keep working on things and get better.