2A AP Poll 10/11

PurplePower68

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

Polls are good for bragging a little and getting folks riled up a little too lol. On paper I would say it's a Westview vs Meigs final but you never know how teenagers will react on a Friday night. A lot of the teams I don't know anything about. The 1 team I do know about is Marion and I'm not sure we are #4. I think we are top 10 maybe. Our kids are steadily getting better each week and could be a hard out in the playoffs. Just gotta play to their potential and take each game one at a time.

Yep! As Yogi Bera used to say, " it ain't over  till it over ".

3 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

Swap Westview and TC. And then swap Huntingdon and Riverside.

I won't put Westview at #1 since Meigs has been there, done that the last couple years, but that will be an intriguing game. That's my pick for state.

Huntingdon beat Riverside by multiple scores so it makes zero sense to have Riverside ranked ahead of us. I wouldn't put us any higher, though.

I don't know much about #8-10, so sure...

Gotta be honest Huntingdon is top 5, I don’t know if I would switch TC and Westview! I am a huge Ty Simpson fan but if we are talking sloppy December football a style like TC or Huntingdon just translates to the crazy weather conditions better, perfect day dry field Westviews a 1 or 2 but when does that actually happen late fall ? 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• So much talk about an investigation about student record manipulation and then everything has went silent. Has anyone heard how the investigation is going?
    • Basically what you're saying is schools can basically bully students around and get away with it because they are protected. I agree to a certain extent but when schools decisions to keep knuckleheads on staff starts costing kids careers and a college education there is a problem. Our school system last week had a teacher supposedly push a kid and the parents went to the law and the teacher is suspended. So I wouldn't say that they can just do what they want without liability. This case don't pass the smell test because the coach had already been fired before and she got fired after a year on the job. Sounds like the student was right in this case on the outside looking in because the coach gets fired after one year. How many coaches get fired after one year?? Not many. 
    • Problem with DB football goes beyond coaching. Like Waco said. Thr band is the main focus of their community and school. They have the resources to be a championship level team. Guarantee Ballard or Witten could have them nationally relevant at some point but everyone down to peewee would have to buy in and at DB we all know that would never happen. 
    • I know the RB from OR he’s fast and has good hands. Is good on special teams also. Didn’t want to play defense over to the Ridge.
    • Lieutenant Flip flops is on a roll. #1 recruiter in Anderson Co, fo-sho.