Week 10 - Oak Ridge vs Dobyns - Bennett

CardinalGrey

Depends, to win, OR needs a fast start, something they haven't been getting most of the time. DB has a better record, although not against as tough a schedule as Oak Ridge has had. Both teams lost at Greeneville by almost identical scores, but OR was tougher according to Greeneville fans. A lot depends on how hard the Wildcats want to play, given where the season is for them, I would say its a tossup.

I just don't see how Oak Ridge wins this game. We are already at six losses. If we get to seven on Friday, it will tie for the most losses in a season... EVER! It has been since 1946 that we have lost seven football games in one season. We have been playing football for 80 years and have only had four losing seasons. With the talent on this team's roster... this is unacceptable. It is time to seriously consider some changes. Please fact check @SweetScience @HTV

• Upvote 1

I feel pretty sure after the season is over there will be some changes, you can't have a season like this one and not do so. That I leave to Coach Gaddis and the powers to be. One thing to remember the schedule for 2022 is the same, just reversing the home and away games, and it is a very tough schedule, The good news is that OR will not lose many players to graduation, and if they avoid any leaving, they can be a lot better next season, if they decide to hit the weight room hard and work hard to erase this season in 2022. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

I just don't see how Oak Ridge wins this game. We are already at six losses. If we get to seven on Friday, it will tie for the most losses in a season... EVER! It has been since 1946 that we have lost seven football games in one season. We have been playing football for 80 years and have only had four losing seasons. With the talent on this team's roster... this is unacceptable. It is time to seriously consider some changes. Please fact check @SweetScience @HTV

That's quite a record over 80 years.    Since 1971 we have had 23 losing seasons and this year will make 24.

3 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I feel pretty sure after the season is over there will be some changes, you can't have a season like this one and not do so. That I leave to Coach Gaddis and the powers to be. One thing to remember the schedule for 2022 is the same, just reversing the home and away games, and it is a very tough schedule, The good news is that OR will not lose many players to graduation, and if they avoid any leaving, they can be a lot better next season, if they decide to hit the weight room hard and work hard to erase this season in 2022. 

From what I have been told, we don't even have a full time strength and conditioning coach like many of the other city school systems in the East TN area. That is unaccpetable in a school system like this one. It is totally holding us back!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

From what I have been told, we don't even have a full time strength and conditioning coach like many of the other city school systems in the East TN area. That is unaccpetable in a school system like this one. It is totally holding us back!

That would be something that needs to be addressed to the Administration and whoever does hiring, since there isn't one as such, the coaches handle the weight room. 

48 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

That is a pretty amazing feat. To have only 4 losing seasons in 80 years, that is. Also, we went 6-6 not just a few years ago too. Not a losing season, but not really good by any means either. So, 1 mediocre and 1 awful season the past 2 outta 3 years. The off-season should be quite interesting.