Week 10 - Oak Ridge vs Dobyns - Bennett

CardinalGrey

4 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

........One question I have about Region 1-6A, how did William Blount manage to find themselves in that region? Geographically, it would take William Blount more travel time to that region that it would to Region 2 schools (Chatt Area / West Knox). How did that happen? Did the TSSAA not want to break up the 6A West Knox schools and send one North? I just don't fully understand that from a geographical perspective and travel time.

The T$$AA is not that strong in geometry.... er, uh, geography

Have not seen West Ridge in person but someone said they had a real wolf as a mascot...  Probably some type of huskie dog but it does look like a wolf from a distance.   It might be worth going to a game just to see ole wolfie trotting around on the field

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

The T$$AA is not that strong in geometry.... er, uh, geography

Have not seen West Ridge in person but someone said they had a real wolf as a mascot...  Probably some type of huskie dog but it does look like a wolf from a distance.   It might be worth going to a game just to see ole wolfie trotting around on the field

Where is West Ridge located in relation to J Fred? I don't get up to the Upper East TN area very often unless I am headed to a Bristol race, DB game or traveling through to D.C. for work.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

I wished D-B had the Jeff County game to play over.  If they play nine more times, D-B wins all 9.  They simply overlooked them when they played, came out flat, got down big early and just never could recover.

Now, unless D-B miraculously finds a way to beat the Hill, then we're probably going to see a 3 way tie for the 2 seed in 1-6A, because I think West Ridge beats Jeff County.

Depending on the health of the QB at Jeff Co, I think you are correct. He was on crutches with what looked like a high ankle sprain. If he is out, Jeff will lose to Mo West, West Ridge and the first round playoff opponent. Jeff doesn't have any depth there.

Just now, blazer1set said:

WR is about 10 miles from the Fred

Oh wow, I did not realize it was that close. How much do you think the opening of West Ridge has hurt DB as far as talent? Obviously, DB will be DB until the end of time and in the families where football matters, they will send their sons to DB. But it sure couldn't have helped the situation opening a new school.

1 minute ago, FilmCzar said:

Oh wow, I did not realize it was that close. How much do you think the opening of West Ridge has hurt DB as far as talent? Obviously, DB will be DB until the end of time and in the families where football matters, they will send their sons to DB. But it sure couldn't have helped the situation opening a new school.

Also, for the record, I have known Joey Christian for several years and think the world of him as a man and as a football coach. We went to church together growing up and they DO NOT make better men than one's like Joey Christian. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

I remember the early years at HVA when Wes started that program and it took several years to build that place into a reputable winner. @HTV may know more about how long it took HVA to win 6 or more games when Wes started that program. It makes me ponder whether the new Blount Co school (Eagleton? HS) will be able to mimic that same success in the W/L column.

HVA actually got to 7 wins in year #2. Outside of their inaugural 1-win season, they won 5 games or more every year Wes was the HC, which Potter has yet to do.

2 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

WR can't hurt DB in students, athletes, coaches, teachers...nothing. It is County School out on an Interstate and they don't have Kingsport $$$$ and never will.

WR has a good senior class, strong Line and hard running QB. Depth is not good...2021 will be WR's best football season for a long time... IMO

6 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

HVA actually got to 7 wins in year #2. Outside of their inaugural 1-win season, they won 5 games or more every year Wes was the HC, which Potter has yet to do.

Okay, wow. Did not realize they saw that much success either. That is fascinating. Is there anyway that the new Eagleton High School that will be playing varsity football in a few years will be able to manufacture that same type of success.