Dobyns-Bennett at Oak Ridge

TribalEmpire

20 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

A few of my family members are coming down to watch the game and I won't be with them to show where the field is located.Has anyone got the address to just plug it into a smart phone.I remember driving down the first time and going right to the school and having to ask people on the street where it was.

@BatmanDB Have your family members put in either Blankenship Field or Big Ed's Pizza into their Google Maps Navigation.  Either will work sufficiently as they're right across the road from each other.

15 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Are y'all better on defense than either Lenoir City or Karns? Surely so. We couldn't run consistently (successfully) on either team. Trust me.

I wouldn't know as I haven't seen either of them play, but if the Cats are a run heavy offense like West Ridge, then I like D-B's chances a little more.  If the Cats pass, then I would lean more their way.

DB has stopped the run very effectively all season with exception of Greeneville. Giving up avg. 57 yds per game if you take GVilles 220 yd rushing out of the equation. DB gives up just under 200yds passing avg. If OR can't get 300 yds offense, they can't win the game unless it is a turnover fest.

DB offense is balanced, and much better passing of late. It's odd not to have a power running back, it's a by committee backfield for sure this season. Great young freshman tailback coming up to varisity next season.

Soph #33 Sensabaugh (son of former DB & NFL Gerald Sensabaugh) is really coming on at CB and is in the mix at WR in the future. DB is a young team, most everyone back next season.

Shouldn't the Gulmire's have sons at OR by now?

Should be a perfect night for football. Roll Tribe. A DB win evens this great Rivalry series at 22 wins each.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LINEDAD said:

DB has stopped the run very effectively all season with exception of Greeneville. Giving up avg. 57 yds per game if you take GVilles 220 yd rushing out of the equation. DB gives up just under 200yds passing avg. If OR can't get 300 yds offense, they can't win the game unless it is a turnover fest.

DB offense is balanced, and much better passing of late. It's odd not to have a power running back, it's a by committee backfield for sure this season. Great young freshman tailback coming up to varisity next season.

Soph #33 Sensabaugh (son of former DB & NFL Gerald Sensabaugh) is really coming on at CB and is in the mix at WR in the future. DB is a young team, most everyone back next season.

Should be a perfect night for football. Roll Tribe. A DB win evens this great Rivalry series at 22 wins each.

I don’t even think Spencer and Connor live in OR, to be honest. I don’t think either have a son anyway, but I could be wrong.

20 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, the guy shows up 2 weeks ago or less, and is giving us all lessons on what it means to be a REAL Wildcat fan. Honestly, it's an honor to even conversate with the guy.

Sweet, it is quite evident that you have become a fair weather fan. JG has won 285. He knows more about winning than you could ever even fathom, slick.

Just now, LINEDAD said:

Maybe OR can't point the finger to a 2-6 record due to only having 13 Seniors on the roster? That is really a low number.

This is something that has been discussed at my dinner table on many of occasions! It is unacceptable. Now when you have 1/7/13/38 on the same team... no excuses. However... we need to get more youngsters out!

1 hour ago, FilmCzar said:

Sweet, it is quite evident that you have become a fair weather fan. JG has won 285. He knows more about winning than you could ever even fathom, slick.

If that’s what you think about me, then so be it. I can’t control what other people think about me, especially internet strangers who I’ll never meet. I can almost promise you that I won’t lose any sleep over it though.

Edited by SweetScience

Just now, SweetScience said:

If that’s what you think about me, then so be it. I can’t control what other think about me, especially internet strangers who I’ll never meet. I can almost promise you that I won’t lose any sleep over it though.

"almost promise" listen, please do not lose sleep about it. me and you are on the same page! just differing opinions about management practice. Respect the tradition.

3 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

Respect the Tradition.