Catholic @ Powell - Rivalry Thursday

osunut2

2 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

And mother of one excellent high school football player!

Well with mommy's approval I'm sure they are!   

I regret that I didn't check in earlier in the week to call you out on that money bet of Powell by at least 14.  For curiosity's sake, how high would you have gone on that bet?  I never have bet more than a dollar on here, but I think I could have added a few quarters to my maximum for that type of confidence.  

6 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

Well with mommy's approval I'm sure they are!   

I regret that I didn't check in earlier in the week to call you out on that money bet of Powell by at least 14.  For curiosity's sake, how high would you have gone on that bet?  I never have bet more than a dollar on here, but I think I could have added a few quarters to my maximum for that type of confidence.  

Didn't realize Lowe was going to totally botch it! Should've won by 6! Maybe even 13 if it weren't for playing too conservative before the FG attempt! Didn't take into account the Powell towel wavers butchering the end!

1 hour ago, FilmCzar said:

My question is... where do Matt and his group of towel waving coaches go from here? Do they have it in the culture they have established to be able to overcome a little bit of adversity and bounce back? I know this game really meant nothing as far as post season play but this just does not seem like a team that will be able to overcome adversity for the long haul. They say "Powell vs. All Yall" but do they really mean "A Conglomeration of Individuals vs All Yall"? I guess time will only tell.

Powell needed this game to be put a big game win in their column. They beat teams they are supposed to beat,  they lose to teams they are supposed to be in the post season. This year was the year to put it all together and win those games against the proven team Maryville and Catholic. Both of those teams are disciplined vs Powell hype style. It's not over for Powell but they can't get in their own way in the playoffs. 

Just now, JohnnyUtah said:

Powell needed this game to be put a big game win in their column. They beat teams they are supposed to beat,  they lose to teams they are supposed to be in the post season. This year was the year to put it all together and win those games against the proven team Maryville and Catholic. Both of those teams are disciplined vs Powell hype style. It's not over for Powell but they can't get in their own way in the playoffs. 

They will. It is their modus operandi and has been as long as Matt Lowe has been at the helm. Rodney struggled but those kids played hard and played disciplined. I followed every one of this teams. Just a shame, to be honest that they continuously put themselves in bad situations because of the "coaches" (towel wavers).