Science Hill vs DB October 29

ETNfan83

10 hours ago, TriCitiesRebels said:

Forecast in Kingsport next Friday is low 50's and rain, let's see if the Toppers can still sling it around in Big Ten weather.

DB needs long, sustained drives, plus turnover margin, and red zone success to have a shot. Need another 14-10 type of game. They won't score 20+ in this one.

Coldest football game I ever seen was the playoff game a few years ago with DB at SH. Somewhere in the 30's with a steady rain. Cold plus rain is the worst weather.One or the other is bad enough.

6 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Coldest football game I ever seen was the playoff game a few years ago with DB at SH. Somewhere in the 30's with a steady rain. Cold plus rain is the worst weather.One or the other is bad enough.

That was nasty......  a buddy and myself stood under the little overhang outside the bathrooms during halftime to try and thaw out.

19 hours ago, noonesfool said:

A highly erratic Maroon and Gold offense that can be prolific will be enough to beat the Indians.

If the Hill can ever get out of their own way and put together a complete game then look out!      Seriously if that happens this week they are probably 3 TD's better than DB.     But I highly doubt they can put it together for 4 quarters.     Still picking the Toppers in this one though until DB can prove otherwise on the field.     SH will make the plays but if they don't limit penalties and turnovers then it's anybody's game.    They turned it over 5 times against us plus had a bunch of stupid undisciplined penalties.      Well all of that is water under the bridge now, this is the NET 6A super bowl

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

If the Hill can ever get out of their own way and put together a complete game then look out!      Seriously if that happens this week they are probably 3 TD's better than DB.     But I highly doubt they can put it together for 4 quarters.     Still picking the Toppers in this one though until DB can prove otherwise on the field.     SH will make the plays but if they don't limit penalties and turnovers then it's anybody's game.    They turned it over 5 times against us plus had a bunch of stupid undisciplined penalties.      Well all of that is water under the bridge now, this is the NET 6A super bowl

All great points. Totally agree with you. I read an Article about Boones schedule and a light bulb appeared over my head. (Probably burned out) I looked  at Science Hills losses. Maryville, Top 2 in State 6A, Powell top 2 or 3 in State 5A, and Betsy number 2 state 4A. Actually impressive. But my big game regarding my prediction is Jeff County who destroyed the Indians but was destroyed by the Toppers. A young  JCo. QB injury doesn’t make that big of difference. The Toppers feel much better about themselves than DB and that is the biggest difference. Out of respect to WACO I will throw in DB’s secondary and the fact the Hill does like to throw the ball.

Edited by noonesfool

On 10/23/2021 at 3:17 PM, JDHoss said:

Won't matter. There's a good possibility Region 1 goes 0-4 any way you slice it.

This.

On 10/23/2021 at 4:11 PM, DBKPT93 said:

No, worst case is a trip to Maryville

Obviously I would rather win and get home field, but if we have to travel, I would rather just go to Maryville and get it over with than go 2 hours even further down the road to Bradley Central.  Traveling to either is a loss either way.