Science Hill vs DB October 29

ETNfan83

I know we're still a week away from this one but I figured I'd go ahead and get the talk going. Thoughts on this years game? SH finally seems to be hitting their stride but this is a rivalry game and I expect both teams to come out swinging. Indians fans, I don't know much about your team this year.  I know you lost a lot off last years team but other than that I don't have a lot to go on.

Who takes the W this year?

Edited by ETNfan83

Only saw the HILL one time and that was against Boone.     They have athletes all over the field but somehow don't seem to really play together as a cohesive unit.    They also did not strike me as being very disciplined and if I remember right they turned the ball over 5 times.       But they still got the "W" so you have to give them that.... Of course it was against Boone so make of that what you will.

DB just seems to be in Chokesville against SH lately though, so until the Tribe can prove otherwise I'm going to go with SH 24-14

2 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Only saw the HILL one time and that was against Boone.     They have athletes all over the field but somehow don't seem to really play together as a cohesive unit.    They also did not strike me as being very disciplined and if I remember right they turned the ball over 5 times.       But they still got the "W" so you have to give them that.... Of course it was against Boone so make of that what you will.

DB just seems to be in Chokesville against SH lately though, so until the Tribe can prove otherwise I'm going to go with SH 24-14

DB wins this one but it's close. Stacy's boys are ready for basketball season.

26 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I will agree with all of this. The Toppers came into the season with a lot of expectations and they haven't lived up to them. This is probably the biggest, strongest, most athletic (not to mention most experienced) SH team I've seen in a long time but somehow they just haven't really put the pieces together. I think last Friday vs Jeff County was the best they've looked all season. Not sure why it's taken them so long to really put a complete game together.

My big question here is can the Indians stop the Toppers air attack? No doubt Carter is going to let his QB sling the ball all over the field. That's the Toppers bread and butter. And the Diamond kid is probably the best deep ball thrower in East TN. Even the Maryville fans were talking about his arm and ability to throw the deep ball to the WRs and were impressed.

Edited by ETNfan83

4 hours ago, ETNfan83 said:

I will agree with all of this. The Toppers came into the season with a lot of expectations and they haven't lived up to them. This is probably the biggest, strongest, most athletic (not to mention most experienced) SH team I've seen in a long time but somehow they just haven't really put the pieces together. I think last Friday vs Jeff County was the best they've looked all season. Not sure why it's taken them so long to really put a complete game together.

My big question here is can the Indians stop the Toppers air attack? No doubt Carter is going to let his QB sling the ball all over the field. That's the Toppers bread and butter. And the Diamond kid is probably the best deep ball thrower in East TN. Even the Maryville fans were talking about his arm and ability to throw the deep ball to the WRs and were impressed.

The answer to the bolded and underlined is a resounding......

Daniel Bryan No GIFs | Tenor

On 10/21/2021 at 12:10 PM, ETNfan83 said:

I think last year Science Hill ran the ball 5 times. All the rest were passing plays. They may not run the ball at all this year. I'll give Carter one thing. He seems to be the only coach that knows DB can't defend the pass. After 20 years he's the only one that's caught on. 

Looking at playoff scenarios:

DB Wins, Jeff County Wins

1. DB 2. SH 3. Jeff 4. West Ridge

DB Wins, West Ridge Wins

1. DB 2. SH 3. West Ridge 4. Jeff

Science Hill Wins, Jeff County Wins

1.SH 2.Jeff 3.DB 4.West Ridge

Science Hill Wins, West Ridge Wins

1.SH 2.West Ridge 3.Jeff 4.DB

Roll Tribe

1 hour ago, DBKPT93 said:

Looking at playoff scenarios:

DB Wins, Jeff County Wins

1. DB 2. SH 3. Jeff 4. West Ridge

DB Wins, West Ridge Wins

1. DB 2. SH 3. West Ridge 4. Jeff

Science Hill Wins, Jeff County Wins

1.SH 2.Jeff 3.DB 4.West Ridge

Science Hill Wins, West Ridge Wins

1.SH 2.West Ridge 3.Jeff 4.DB

Roll Tribe

Uh-oh, that means in a worst case scenario DB would draw Bradley Central .... right?