Greenback at Oakdale. For third and fourth place in region 2.

GFD709SHREK

1 hour ago, pujo said:

With the players back, someone is gonna get a bad draw in the 1st round.

I agree.We should be a hard out.If we had the Workman kid who we lost for the year against Loudon I wouldnt bet against us in the first 3 rounds but with our linemen back that should sure up our line.Lost our starting center Labor day weekend and had to shuffle everyone around he is supposed to be back also but I hope we use him sparringly,collarbones can be finicky!We have not really been the same since he got hurt.Linemen are hard to replace for us small schools.

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

As much as I'd love to host my greenback folk, I'd rather it be round 2 or 3 :P

Honestly playing you all would "probably" be our best scenario to get back into swing and give an extra game (if we could win) before CF.Zack and the gang was kinda surprised at us and Midway,he said we were filling him full of bull about our team,they. Were quiet impressed with our athletes.I guesss we have gotten spoiled over the years with very good teams and when we are mediocre it's hard to watch at times.

43 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Honestly playing you all would "probably" be our best scenario to get back into swing and give an extra game (if we could win) before CF.Zack and the gang was kinda surprised at us and Midway,he said we were filling him full of bull about our team,they. Were quiet impressed with our athletes.I guesss we have gotten spoiled over the years with very good teams and when we are mediocre it's hard to watch at times.

Been telling y’all you were getting spoiled for years. Some of the true fans still can recognize a good team but the masses get used to beating everyone by 50 and can’t see a young athletic team that’s in desperate need of a coach to be dominant in a couple years again. All they see are close games and L’s and are out the door. We all get frustrated but when it gets down to  nut cuttin’ time the true fans are still standing at the fence and in the bleachers and the rest just go away to be replaced by the next batch. That is until a team becomes “good” again then they’re back talking about all the years they’ve “been there” :roll:

Edited by crow

30 minutes ago, crow said:

Been telling y’all you were getting spoiled for years. Some of the true fans still can recognize a good team but the masses get used to beating everyone by 50 and can’t see a young athletic team that’s in desperate need of a coach to be dominant in a couple years again. All they see are close games and L’s and are out the door. We all get frustrated but when it gets down to  nut cuttin’ time the true fans are still standing at the fence and in the bleachers and the rest just go away to be replaced by the next batch. That is until a team becomes “good” again then they’re back talking about all the years they’ve “been there” :roll:

You are correct.Im always there so I can complain.lol.Just hope they all come back out next year

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I'm not surprised.  I watched you play oneida on YouTube.  It would be a 4 qtr game with you all coalfield,  or Midway.  We are not slow by any stretch but we don't have as many speedsters.  We are very strong in the interior and have been known to hurry some qbs

27 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I'm not surprised.  I watched you play oneida on YouTube.  It would be a 4 qtr game with you all coalfield,  or Midway.  We are not slow by any stretch but we don't have as many speedsters.  We are very strong in the interior and have been known to hurry some qbs

If you all are as good as you say in the interior line you may not have trouble with any region 2 teams. Coalfield has held almost everyone below 100 yards rushing and they are not anywhere near a good line for what coalfield usually produces. Coalfield held greenback to - 4 rushing yards and by far not the best line they have had in a while. 

59 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

If you all are as good as you say in the interior line you may not have trouble with any region 2 teams. Coalfield has held almost everyone below 100 yards rushing and they are not anywhere near a good line for what coalfield usually produces. Coalfield held greenback to - 4 rushing yards and by far not the best line they have had in a while. 

It's not the best line cland has ever had but with Birchfield closing on 2000 yards, they're pretty decent.  Our best pass d is keeping the qb on his backside.  If we don't do that it'll be a shootout with gb or Midway.  Don't think they'll be able to stop Birchfield