Greenback at Oakdale. For third and fourth place in region 2.

GFD709SHREK

15 minutes ago, crow said:

If none of the 3 beat the other 2 is key in this statement. That doesn’t apply here as they all beat each other. GB beat OZ, Oz beat midway, midway beat GB. Same as our 3 way tie with Rockwood and Monterey. Rockwood beat us, we beat Monterey and Monterey beat Rockwood yet we had the ability to be 1st because head to head couldn’t settle the tie because we all 3 beat each other. The given example is for a situation like let’s say midway lost to GB and OZ but all 3 tied at 4-2. Then midway would lose the head to head and be 3rd and then the tie break would revert back to the head to head between GB and OZ. The listed example just doesn’t apply when 3 teams split it up like they did or we did. 

You are correct, head to head in the 3 way tie could not be determined because no team beat the other 2.  So you go to the second tiebreaker, which is number of wins.....no question Midway wins that so they are in...once that happens it reverts back to the two teams left GB and OZ and GB is in because of head to head win.

14 minutes ago, jake said:

You are correct, head to head in the 3 way tie could not be determined because no team beat the other 2.  So you go to the second tiebreaker, which is number of wins.....no question Midway wins that so they are in...once that happens it reverts back to the two teams left GB and OZ and GB is in because of head to head win.

Then how was it possible for us to be 1st in our region if we had won tonight when Rockwood beat us head to head. They beat us. We beat Monterey. Monterey beat Rockwood. We all finished 3-1 in region. Head to head was thrown out because of that. Monterey was 3 because they could only finish with 6 overall wins. We had 7 and Rockwood could get and did get number 7 tonight. If we had won tonight and finished with 8 wins we would have been 1st even though Rockwood had the head to head over us. Now head to head is out, we both have the same overall wins. I had originally made the argument that tonight’s game had no bearing on the region once it was decided by Bledsoe that Monterey could not get to 7 wins because of what you’re saying but apparently that was disputed by pretty much everyone. My original thought was that head to head is the first tie breaker in any scenario. Why do I think that? Because it’s what rule 1 says lol. The “please note” portion is for an entirely different scenario but I’m not in disagreement that it should revert back to head to head per step 1. 

Edited by crow

5 minutes ago, crow said:

Then how was it possible for us to be 1st in our region if we had won tonight when Rockwood beat us head to head. They beat us. We beat Monterey. Monterey beat Rockwood. We all finished 3-1 in region. Head to head was thrown out because of that. Monterey was 3 because they could only finish with 6 overall wins. We had 7 and Rockwood could get and did get number 7 tonight. If we had won tonight and finished with 8 wins we would have been 1st even though Rockwood had the head to head over us. Now head to head is out, we both have the same overall wins. I had originally made the argument that tonight’s game had no bearing on the region once it was decided by Bledsoe that Monterey could not get to 7 wins because of what you’re saying but apparently that was disputed by pretty much everyone. My original thought was that head to head is the first tie breaker in any scenario. Why do I think that? Because it’s what rule 1 says lol. The “please note” portion is for an entirely different scenario but I’m not in disagreement that it should revert back to head to head per step 1. 

Head to head is always the first option to settle a tie....in your situation head to head was thrown out because you had 3 teams and no team beat both of the other two.....so you went to the second step which was overall wins and according to what you said above if you guys would have won tonight you would have had more total wins than the other two therefore you would have been 1st.  I don't know what happened in your region but from what you typed above because head to head between all three could not settle it, it went to total wins, you and Rockwood tied in total wins and Monterey had less wins so they were 3rd.....then because you and RW both had 7 wins it should have reverted back to head to head and therefore RW should be first and Oneida 2nd.

But had you won tonight your head to head would not have settled the 3 way tie and when it went to step 2 you would have been first due to more total wins than the other 2.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

Head to head is always the first option to settle a tie....in your situation head to head was thrown out because you had 3 teams and no team beat both of the other two.....so you went to the second step which was overall wins and according to what you said above if you guys would have won tonight you would have had more total wins than the other two therefore you would have been 1st.  I don't know what happened in your region but from what you typed above because head to head between all three could not settle it, it went to total wins, you and Rockwood tied in total wins and Monterey had less wins so they were 3rd.....then because you and RW both had 7 wins it should have reverted back to head to head and therefore RW should be first and Oneida 2nd.

But had you won tonight your head to head would not have settled the 3 way tie and when it went to step 2 you would have been first due to more total wins than the other 2.

Our region is definitely settled. I’ll let T$$AA sort out the rest lol

Alot of you Gurus laughed at my post at the beginning of the year after I saw one game with this Coach at the helm and I said "I dont think we will make the playoffs".We were one series away from not being there with a OT win against OZ.Our program went downhill as the season progressed a sign of terrible leadership.We are in trouble!!!

• Like 1