#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

This is gonna be one of the best games around the state tonight. Two great teams with great traditions. Wish I could make it over to see this one but I will be tuned in. With the weather and sloppy field, this will be a ground it/pound it kind of game. Both teams are deep with talent and play hard nosed physical football. Home field advantage tells me Warriors win, recent playoff success tells me Tigers win. Either way, these two teams will likely meet again in the playoffs. Tonight's game will tell us where.

Warriors 28

Tigers 21

I wouldn't bet money on these two teams meeting again in the playoffs. There are other teams capable of beating either of them on a given night - like the Tyner Rams, as an example.  You take it one game at a time and do your best to win and play for another day. History has taught us that no team is guaranteed a spot at the Big Dance. 

2 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I wouldn't bet money on these two teams meeting again in the playoffs. There are other teams capable of beating either of them on a given night - like the Tyner Rams, as an example.  You take it one game at a time and do your best to win and play for another day. History has taught us that no team is guaranteed a spot at the Big Dance. 

This is true and only my opinion. Tyner, Trousdale and Watertown all will be tough opponents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

The chance of these 2 teams meeting up again are pretty high. They just have to stick to their game plans each week and execute. 

10 minutes ago, piratetom said:

This is true and only my opinion. Tyner, Trousdale and Watertown all will be tough opponents.

Not saying that it will be easy but Marion can beat these teams as they have shown with Tyner. I have seen people say that Tyner had a " off " game against MC but I don't think that is the case. Tyner is kind of young this season and even though I think they will be a lot better next season they will still knocked out early this season. Trousdale and Watertown are 2 teams that could give MC a game but I think it would be close for only a half. I personally think that as long as each team can stay healthy that this is a preview of the game that will determine who will represent the east in 2A. 

6 minutes ago, FactSpitter said:

The chance of these 2 teams meeting up again are pretty high. They just have to stick to their game plans each week and execute. 

Remember, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth".   It happened to Meigs 3 years ago in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  A team they'd handily beat during the season came to Meigs and beat them.  Never, never, never underestimate your opponents desire. 

4 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Remember, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth".   It happened to Meigs 3 years ago in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  A team they'd handily beat during the season came to Meigs and beat them.  Never, never, never underestimate your opponents desire. 

I am not underestimating anyone. I know from experience that the favored team doesn't always win. I have been on the bad side of that because of poor execution. What I mean from by my previous post is that Meigs and MC have the best chance to meet up again and decide who will represent the east in 2A.  I wish the other teams well. I think Tyner will be tougher in the playoffs for MC than they were in the regular season but I still think MC can control the clock and the game. The same goes for any team they play right now. They are clicking at the right time and a win tonight will give them a big boost of confidence going into the playoffs. I just hope that they don't get overly confident. I am not an MC fan by any means but this team has a huge o line that is playing real well, they have depth in the backfield, they have weapons that can get open down field ( qb just has to get it there ), their defense is playing really good, and they have a good special teams unit. Depth and clock management is what I think will give this MC team a deep run. Will they play for state? I can't say that it will be them but I do think it will be MC or Meigs.

3 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Tyner had under 200 yards of total offense and had only like 2 1st downs the entire game what makes you think the second would be totally different?