#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

45 minutes ago, WeAreMC said:

Marion’s qtrback Taye was just about to bust loose for a TD on the 2nd play of the game when he reaggravated his leg. He played in the game but wasn’t allowed to run anymore due to the treat of pulling his hamstring that he’s been dealing with since the start of the season. To my understanding he went to Erlanger Sports center this morning as was told he had previously been misdiagnosed that it wasn’t his hamstring this whole time but a calf sprain. Was told by the Dr that his hamstring isn’t in jeopardy and there’s no need to be afraid to run. With this news, I think he will be back this week better than before, knowing that it’s not his hamstring. This is great news for Marion and his teammates! 

Great news. I seen it and thought we are in trouble cause he was gone and we just got him by the shoelaces. 

It looked liked an Achilles how he got up but he recovered to quickly for that. 

Good luck in the playoffs

6 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Tiger2 don't ever doubt your guys just because we play 2A ball. Coach Pruitt has been around a long time and has a son that is pretty connected in college football. The days of big time college coaches coming to visit small towns have been long gone. Getting your kids to camps EARLY and OFTEN is key. Especially if you don't have the luxury of being a top 300 prospect in the nation. 

Collectively we've had a lot of kids get scholarships from the Valley but I think we've also had a lot of good ones slip through the cracks unfortunately. 

I try to encourage are kids to dream big and show them stories from small town kids doing well for themselves. It's just so hard for them to dream that into realization. 

Like you had mentioned. It takes a lot more than being a great athlete.  You got to want it with all you got. You got to have the right mind set. You got to have the heart. The grades. The connections.  And people pushing you and caring about you.

Sometimes you don't and a kid will still succeed on their on. Those kids are really special. 

I'm beginning to like you Marion County fellas. 

You all did put on a great show last night. Those fireworks was nice. The horn was a little annoying but I get it.

Everyone I met and talked to was also very cool.

10 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Great news. I seen it and thought we are in trouble cause he was gone and we just got him by the shoelaces. 

It looked liked an Achilles how he got up but he recovered to quickly for that. 

Good luck in the playoffs

That's exactly what I thought when I saw how his leg got pulled when he went down. We will see this Friday I guess. 

Good luck to you guys as well.

7 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

I remember that now. It's tough to lose a key component to your team in small ball. 

That was rough to lose that game. Rockwood went on to barely lose to Tyner who went to state  championship and lost to Union city by one score.

Losing Aaron Swafford was heart breaking as a Tiger fan. Especially how it went down that game.

I believe if he stays in that game we win by 3 scores at least and go on to bring home the title that year.

6 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I try to encourage are kids to dream big and show them stories from small town kids doing well for themselves. It's just so hard for them to dream that into realization. 

Like you had mentioned. It takes a lot more than being a great athlete.  You got to want it with all you got. You got to have the right mind set. You got to have the heart. The grades. The connections.  And people pushing you and caring about you.

Sometimes you don't and a kid will still succeed on their on. Those kids are really special. 

You all did put on a great show last night. Those fireworks was nice. The horn was a little annoying but I get it.

It was a great atmosphere for sure. Sorry we didn't live up to it but our kids played hard till the end. 

We didn't get to blow that horn as much as we like to but you guys were the reason for that lol.

Just now, Tiger2 said:

That was rough to lose that game. Rockwood went on to barely lose to Tyner who went to state  championship and lost to Union city by one score.

Losing Aaron Swafford was heart breaking as a Tiger fan. Especially how it went down that game.

I believe if he stays in that game we win by 3 scores at least and go on to bring home the title that year.

You may be right

10 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

You may be right

Sounds like this was a good ole fashioned whipping went down in Marion last night.  I missed the game but talked to my buddy who was there. I believe Meigs is the real deal.  With home field they will be tough to oust.  That coaching staff has build a monster across the river!

9 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Sounds like this was a good ole fashioned whipping went down in Marion last night.  I missed the game but talked to my buddy who was there. I believe Meigs is the real deal.  With home field they will be tough to oust.  That coaching staff has build a monster across the river!

Lol it was. You guys would certainly know what a whipping was :lol:

18 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Great points. I don't think people actually understand everything that goes into a kid making it to the next level. They have to have their grades in order and their head on straight. Have the maturity to make themselves go to class and do the work when mom/dad/coach/teacher isn't looking over their shoulder to make sure it gets done. I would say 99.9% of the kids from small towns like ours are big fish in a small pond. Not starting or not having all the spotlight on them is like speaking a different language to them. It takes a lot of patience, mental toughness, and confidence to wait their turn and earn that spot. 

Not every kid has those traits coming out of high school. However, if put in the right environment that fits them, they can mature and succeed. On the other hand, their are others who are just not cut out for college and that's ok. 

You guys seem like an alright bunch. Friday put definitely put a damper on my individual expectations for the playoffs but with Taye getting the good news, I can't help but to be optimistic. Like I said earlier in the week, it is hard to be a good team twice and if I had to choose one to lose it would have been the first game. Hoping we get the chance to meet again this year. 

30 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Great points. I don't think people actually understand everything that goes into a kid making it to the next level. They have to have their grades in order and their head on straight. Have the maturity to make themselves go to class and do the work when mom/dad/coach/teacher isn't looking over their shoulder to make sure it gets done. I would say 99.9% of the kids from small towns like ours are big fish in a small pond. Not starting or not having all the spotlight on them is like speaking a different language to them. It takes a lot of patience, mental toughness, and confidence to wait their turn and earn that spot. 

Not every kid has those traits coming out of high school. However, if put in the right environment that fits them, they can mature and succeed. On the other hand, their are others who are just not cut out for college and that's ok. 

You guys seem like an alright bunch. Friday put definitely put a damper on my individual expectations for the playoffs but with Taye getting the good news, I can't help but to be optimistic. Like I said earlier in the week, it is hard to be a good team twice and if I had to choose one to lose it would have been the first game. Hoping we get the chance to meet again this year. 

Hope you guys get a chance for that rematch. At least it would be in Decatur and we wouldn't have to listen to that dang horn blow.

Good luck. 

Edited by Tiger2