#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

2 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Now lying lips we all knowd you and sportsman is the best arm chair coaches in the valley.  But you told me you got some boys on the line that can play in the SEC.  What kind of mess is this?

I'm with you Roy. I didn't see it. Maybe they was talking about SAA or SAC division 3 Roy.

Just messing around Warriors.

Throwing OLE Roy a bone.

I know we have had some great lineman at Meigs last couple of years. But that's 2A football. Best any of our guys have done as far as I know is University of Cumberlands or junior college.

SEC football caliber lineman however. That's a stretch. I don't believe we at Meigs will have a lineman play college ball and we dominated the LOS tonight.

2 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I'm with you Roy. I didn't see it. Maybe they was talking about SAA or SAC division 3 Roy.

Just messing around Warriors.

Throwing OLE Roy a bone.

I know we have had some great lineman at Meigs last couple of years. But that's 2A football. Best any of our guys have done as far as I know is University of Cumberlands or junior college.

SEC football caliber lineman however. That's a stretch. I don't believe we at Meigs will have a lineman play college ball and we dominated the LOS tonight.

I have never said we had sec caliber lineman, if you can show me where I said that I will apologize though.  The line was blown off the ball last night.

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Roy, are you saying them jailhouse folks will be fleeing back to the Fiery Gizzard before too long?

Not before the pirates.   Can't wait to see how quick yall run off the next coach.  Jones should have learned from moore that sp will turn on a hometown coach.  Vic is the only one who could handle it and just finally got tired of it.

6 hours ago, BigFoot423 said:

Condra has been a stud for Marion this season also it hasn’t been a Taye only show. You have a solid team, playing from behind in that offense if extremely difficult and it proved that tonight. Momentum seemed to stay with meigs for the majority of the game. 

I agree that it hasn't only been a tae show this year.  Not sure if you follow tn or not but it is very comparable on offense to when butch Jones was there.  Tn was pretty effective when Dobbs was qb but after he left if there is no threat from the qb it makes the defenses job easier.  Meigs was the better team by far, Marion made mistakes they normally don't make.  Not sure if the wind was taken out of their sails when tae went down, but he may have scored on that play, dropped a sure td pass although I can't recall him catching one this year, but he was wide open.  Silly penalties.  Defense did an OK job, just couldn't get off the field on third down.  Marion is a solid team but remember when I say this.  Unless the offense is tweaked it may be a first rd exit, at best 2nd.  If the offense isn't changed, you have to put a running threat there and I don't think Leonard is ready.  I would put Condra there and put #6 back there with him at fb or keel.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Ben Smith for president

Haha, yeah he was on a mission.

9 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

Congrats to Meigs - Yeti - I was wrong.  Great job by your coaches and players!!

Thanks man, we played a complete game and never let up. It was a nice win. Our boys played with Intensity and played like they were behind on the scoreboard at kickoff. We are all very proud of the efforts by the kids and coaches.

9 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Congratulations to Meigs! Old Pirate says nothing better than a team suited in Q&B earhole them Jasper fellers!  Figure jest seeing O&B across the line most likely brought back many bad memories. YepReconSo 

Haha thanks man. Was a good night for us. We gave them all we had.

9 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

We knew when he fell something wasn't right. Only ran one more time after that 2nd play. I hate it for him.. Would have been a better game with him healthy but it looked like Meigs wanted it more.

He's a talented kid, we knew he would be hard to contain. Hope he has a quick recovery.

9 hours ago, pujo said:

I'll own up, I was bad wrong, Congrats to Meigs. Think you proved a bunch of people wrong.

Thanks Pujo. It was a tall feat and our kids responded like we knew they could. Was a great night for Football. 

Had an uneasy feeling about this one when I woke up yesterday but decided to keep those thoughts to myself. Meigs played the game of football the way it was intended to be played. Line up, inflict physical punishment on the opponent from the first play and the score will take care of itself. Taye getting injured was at the worst time possible, but I still don't think we would have won that game last night if he is healthy. We got whipped on the line of scrimmage and that is where the ball game is won and lost. I stated after the Bledsoe game that the line was playing ok but we needed to see more of a mean streak in them. Have to agree with what Truth said, we got beat on the field and out coached. I'll leave it at that. 

As far as the playoffs are concerned, if it is a bad as it sounds about Taye, then I see a 2nd round exit. I don't think you can get to this point of the year and just flip a switch. Hope these boys prove me wrong. 

1 hour ago, oldfaithful said:

Had an uneasy feeling about this one when I woke up yesterday but decided to keep those thoughts to myself. Meigs played the game of football the way it was intended to be played. Line up, inflict physical punishment on the opponent from the first play and the score will take care of itself. Taye getting injured was at the worst time possible, but I still don't think we would have won that game last night if he is healthy. We got whipped on the line of scrimmage and that is where the ball game is won and lost. I stated after the Bledsoe game that the line was playing ok but we needed to see more of a mean streak in them. Have to agree with what Truth said, we got beat on the field and out coached. I'll leave it at that. 

As far as the playoffs are concerned, if it is a bad as it sounds about Taye, then I see a 2nd round exit. I don't think you can get to this point of the year and just flip a switch. Hope these boys prove me wrong. 

Really good post. Meigs had the game in hand before your qb got hurt. The qb still played so didn't even know he was hurt until TTP mentioned it. We were able to contain the elusive players and forced some throws which was what we needed to do to take you out of your comfort zone. Our defense is legit as I have said all year. Our offense is really good too people think that because we are slower to score on a team than we were last year somehow that makes us not as good last year. What it really means is we eat clock and after we score you have much less time in the game to come come from behind. Meigs is a team that you need to match pretty much score for score. If we get a stop and score again it's most of the time game over. 

Arguably Meigs most impressive regular season win in the last 5 years. A road shut out at a very good Marion's field. The 5 year body of work they have put together is astounding. DEF the fave in the East now.  Congrats on a signature win. I was wrong and I will eat my crow this weekend, thank you. Every school has their "why." We have Micah. Seems like yesterday there was a horrible school bus accident that ripped thru the Meigs community. I'm sure the aftermath still affects close relatives. extended family, and friends. A win like last night's gives the entire program joy. All the players, their support systems, coaches, fans. Real happy for yall. 

Marion will be back. Great players and great fans. They will learn from this and be in the thick of it in a few weeks. Zero doubt.  They should have 2 rings in 2015/2016 from the cheaters in Memphis.  They have set the standard in a lot of ways over the last decade. Their fans really know their stuff and are humble. I saw a title contender in Jasper earlier this year, and Friday doesn't change that. It's one game. I sincerely hope your QB is ok.  

Two great programs and two great seasons. Congrats to both but extra kudos to Meigs for the victory.