#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

3 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Not before the pirates.   Can't wait to see how quick yall run off the next coach.  Jones should have learned from moore that sp will turn on a hometown coach.  Vic is the only one who could handle it and just finally got tired of it.

LRDAO…. How many coaches has jailhouse high had?  SOS Jones left for more money according to genotard.  You should be a coach.  You claim to knowd more than anyone around the jailhouse. You think im joking but im not.

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

Really good post. Meigs had the game in hand before your qb got hurt. The qb still played so didn't even know he was hurt until TTP mentioned it. We were able to contain the elusive players and forced some throws which was what we needed to do to take you out of your comfort zone. Our defense is legit as I have said all year. Our offense is really good too people think that because we are slower to score on a team than we were last year somehow that makes us not as good last year. What it really means is we eat clock and after we score you have much less time in the game to come come from behind. Meigs is a team that you need to match pretty much score for score. If we get a stop and score again it's most of the time game over. 

Yeti  lying lips just trying to put a little powder on the wounds after all the chest beating he did.  You think im joking not im not.

45 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Which is why I had asked if he was really hurt in our thread. He just didn't look hurt when on the field.

He jogged on and off but he never ran the ball. That's how most Marion fans know something was wrong. He was hurt on the 2nd play of the game. He is a gamer though. Hopefully he gets good news today. I hate for him to end his career like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

He jogged on and off but he never ran the ball. That's how most Marion fans know something was wrong. He was hurt on the 2nd play of the game. He is a gamer though. Hopefully he gets good news today. I hate for him to end his career like that.

I just wanted you guys to know I wasn't being disrespectful. I always hate seeing a kid get hurt. I just didn't see anything that made me think he was hurt when I had asked. I sincerely hope he's ok.

Just now, Yeti said:

I just wanted you guys to know I wasn't being disrespectful. I always hate seeing a kid get hurt. I just didn't see anything that made me think he was hurt when I had asked. I sincerely hope he's ok.

Oh I know. No worries man. You couldn't ask for a better leader. He's been a huge part of the offense for 4 yrs and I know he was amped up for that game. Not saying we would have won of he's healthy but it would have been a better game. It's kinda like when we played Hampton a few yrs ago in the semis. Their qb got hurt early and tried to play on but couldn't. He was a stud. We won the game handily but if he had stayed in it would've been tight. 

We'll know today the extent of his injury.

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

Oh I know. No worries man. You couldn't ask for a better leader. He's been a huge part of the offense for 4 yrs and I know he was amped up for that game. Not saying we would have won of he's healthy but it would have been a better game. It's kinda like when we played Hampton a few yrs ago in the semis. Their qb got hurt early and tried to play on but couldn't. He was a stud. We won the game handily but if he had stayed in it would've been tight. 

We'll know today the extent of his injury.

Same thing happened to us against Rockwood in 17. We beat them at their place like 48 to 27 or something like that. Then our qb gets hurt early in the game at our place in the playoffs and we lose 9-8. 

3 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Had an uneasy feeling about this one when I woke up yesterday but decided to keep those thoughts to myself. Meigs played the game of football the way it was intended to be played. Line up, inflict physical punishment on the opponent from the first play and the score will take care of itself. Taye getting injured was at the worst time possible, but I still don't think we would have won that game last night if he is healthy. We got whipped on the line of scrimmage and that is where the ball game is won and lost. I stated after the Bledsoe game that the line was playing ok but we needed to see more of a mean streak in them. Have to agree with what Truth said, we got beat on the field and out coached. I'll leave it at that. 

As far as the playoffs are concerned, if it is a bad as it sounds about Taye, then I see a 2nd round exit. I don't think you can get to this point of the year and just flip a switch. Hope these boys prove me wrong. 

Talking to one of the Meigs coaches earlier this week he said that was a huge emphasis in practice and film study - winning the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  The linemen responded well to the coaches and bought into their plan.  The linemen took it as a challenge since all they heard about was Marion's superiority on the line. Overall, the Meigs coaching staff is one of the best around - getting 100% out of every player.  Having coachable players who have a mission is vital. 

5 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Talking to one of the Meigs coaches earlier this week he said that was a huge emphasis in practice and film study - winning the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  The linemen responded well to the coaches and bought into their plan.  The linemen took it as a challenge since all they heard about was Marion's superiority on the line. Overall, the Meigs coaching staff is one of the best around - getting 100% out of every player.  Having coachable players who have a mission is vital. 

Hats off to your coaching staff. I think they are hands down one of the top staffs in Tennessee. More times than not I would say Meigs wins the games against teams with equal or more talent than them. Does he seem content at Meigs or is it just a matter of time before he moves on? 

Also, I said all year long that Meigs are the favorite until proven other wise. And we didn't prove otherwise. I think a lot of "football pundits" just took a look at the Tyner score against us and you guys and decided it was Marion's game to lose. Maybe our team had a little bit of the big head from all the love they were getting coming into this game. 

Success starts at the very top. Marion County wasted A LOT of talent in the mid to late 2000s by not having the right person in place to make sports success a priority. It has to be a trickle down effect and you guys seem to have the stars aligned. It's hard to do while it's happening but soak it in as much as you can. Things can change quickly but I wish you guys all the success.