#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

16 minutes ago, FactSpitter said:

I will eat crow on this one. I said Marion by 14 and boy was I wrong. I traveled to this one and what I saw was a Meigs team that came out physical and hit Marion in the mouth and Marion didn't know how to respond. Out coached and out played. I seen adjustments be made in the 2nd half by Marion that should have been made in the 1st qt. I seen kids not wrapping up tackles land looking like we're afraid of contact. I think Marion will regroup and I still think they can make a run. I honestly hope to see this matchup again. On to next week.

Remember what I told you earlier today, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Not so sure about a run. May have lost more than a game tonight unfortunately. 

I have told multiple people that a key injury and we are mediocre, tonight proved that on offense.  Played about as bad as possible and we are on upset alert even next week.  Things will have to be changed and tough to do that this late. Hats off to meigs though, they brought it tonight.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

1 minute ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I have told multiple people that a key injury and we are mediocre, tonight proved that on offense.  Played about as bad as possible and we are on upset alert even next week.  Things will have to be changed and tough to do that this late.

We knew when he fell something wasn't right. Only ran one more time after that 2nd play. I hate it for him.. Would have been a better game with him healthy but it looked like Meigs wanted it more.

4 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I have told multiple people that a key injury and we are mediocre, tonight proved that on offense.  Played about as bad as possible and we are on upset alert even next week.  Things will have to be changed and tough to do that this late. Hats off to meigs though, they brought it tonight.

I'll own up, I was bad wrong, Congrats to Meigs. Think you proved a bunch of people wrong.

26 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

I’m glad I didn’t believe in that 17 point spread in favor of Marion that someone brought up this week. 

I thought it would be closer myself. Marion missed an easy TD in first quarter receiver just dropped and that QB about got loose on two plays and got tripped up with one man to beat.

Marion looked good. Meigs mixed up enough passing and just pounded it and wanted it more. They fought for every inch and Ben and Logan were amazing tonight. 

It could have been closer and I think if we play them or Tyner it could be different outcomes. 

I think we could win by more against Tyner or get beat and same for Marion.

2 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I thought it would be closer myself. Marion missed an easy TD in first quarter receiver just dropped and that QB about got loose on two plays and got tripped up with one man to beat.

Marion looked good. Meigs mixed up enough passing and just pounded it and wanted it more. They fought for every inch and Ben and Logan were amazing tonight. 

It could have been closer and I think if we play them or Tyner it could be different outcomes. 

I think we could win by more against Tyner or get beat and same for Marion.

Dropping that TD didn't help but Taye getting hurt absolutely killed us. I'll have to disagree about looking good. That's the worst performance I've seen out of them all year. Meigs had a lot to do with it, but when your offense runs through the one player you can't afford to get hurt it changes a lot.

You guys played a lot better than that Tyner game. The qb was on a different level tonight.