Is anybody going to start a Hampton @ Boone thread?

blazer1set

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

We got our usual 100+ yards of penalties, just didn't expect them all the first half.   We are behind on personal fouls though, look for 2 or 3 in the 3rd quarter

Big strong physical team thats well coached, Refs were flag happy but that happens. Hope you guys do well in the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Levi ran strong! I know you're proud of the kid. Crumley played hard and Lyons ran good too  

Just gotta  cut the penalties, we could get 10 yard but up against it when we got behind the chains. We were also playing a really strong run defense. Also gotta have more heart and desire  from all 11. Takes a FULL team to beat good teams.

Just now, pujo said:

Just gotta  cut the penalties, we could get 10 yard but up against it when we got behind the chains. We were also playing a really strong run defense. Also gotta have more heart and desire  from all 11. Takes a FULL team to beat good teams.

Yes they did and we ran on them well. Problem is, we didn't stop their handful of plays they ran all night.

And boys did you say a mouth full! Gets old seeing mine get his brains beat out and back about broke because some slack and seem to be playing for some moral victory or something.  I'm not into moral victories. Don't care if we're playing a 5A Boone, Alcoa, Whoever. Play with desire to win or go back home.

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yes they did and we ran on them well. Problem is, we didn't stop their handful of plays they ran all night.

And boys did you say a mouth full! Gets old seeing mine get his brains beat out and back about broke because some slack and seem to be playing for some moral victory or something.  I'm not into moral victories. Don't care if we're playing a 5A Boone, Alcoa, Whoever. Play with desire to win or go back home.

Maybe the whole bunch will show up now, I'm like you Moral victories are worth nothing unless you give it your all. Give it all you have and I'm fine with it.

Folks, don't be deceived by the final score, Hampton got a couple of bad breaks that could have made it way closer on the scoreboard.      The penalty on the kickoff return was called 40 yards from the runner, maybe it was legit maybe not.    Also in the first half Hampton went for it on 4th and 1 on Boone's side of the field, the spot was close but the refs didn't even measure.     I'm not saying Hampton got the 1st but you shouldn't eyeball such an important call either.        I know you can't hang an entire game on 2 plays but everybody needs to know that little 2A Hampton gave 5A Boone all we wanted and more.     One last thing, and not to be critical of the coaching staff, but we were not stopping Hampton's wishbone so why in the world would they start trying to get cute and sling the ball around?