Bearden @ Farragut

edwardblake

7 minutes ago, thefox said:

In 1860 one in four people living in Knoxville were someone's property. Union friendly is a relative term in the gutbucket South. How bout your boys losing to the Irishman?:roflol:When you gone get a real ball coach and not a circus entertainer? 

Is it too soon to talk about Hillsboro?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, StanTheMan said:

When the Rivalry Thursday Schedule was released, I was surprised that this game was not selected to round out the regular season. Although these two schools have not had the most successful seasons, how could you minimize this storied rivalry in this fashion? The last time these two teams met in Week #11 (according to my research) was 1955. Both teams have had extremely tough roads to get where they are. Farragut has lost some close games (many by less than a TD) and Bearden has won a few very close games. I am wishing Packer would've picked this for the last game now. I love the Mountain Thicket and the ball game last night, but there are few rivalries in the state better than this one. Now, sitting here at Week #11, these teams are going to duke it out for a playoff spot. I am assuming this is for the three of four seed. If so, who do these teams matchup with?

I'm from Mount Juliet but retired here in 2010. Isn't the Bearden/Farragut game usually a good one? I watched the 2018 game on tv and the 2019 game live. They were classics. But MP thought the GP game was a good watch.:roflol:

12 minutes ago, StanTheMan said:

When the Rivalry Thursday Schedule was released, I was surprised that this game was not selected to round out the regular season. Although these two schools have not had the most successful seasons, how could you minimize this storied rivalry in this fashion? The last time these two teams met in Week #11 (according to my research) was 1955. Both teams have had extremely tough roads to get where they are. Farragut has lost some close games (many by less than a TD) and Bearden has won a few very close games. I am wishing Packer would've picked this for the last game now. I love the Mountain Thicket and the ball game last night, but there are few rivalries in the state better than this one. Now, sitting here at Week #11, these teams are going to duke it out for a playoff spot. I am assuming this is for the three of four seed. If so, who do these teams matchup with?

Packer tries to spread the wealth, so to speak, to give a variety of teams some TV exposure, although I don't think Bearden nor Farragut has been on Packer-vision this season which is odd.

Assuming Cleveland handles HVA, if Bearden wins, they are the 3-seed and Farragut is out. However, if Farragut wins, Cleveland would be the 3-seed, Farragut grabs the 4-seed, and Bearden is out. So it's pretty simple - win and you're in, lose and your season is over.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Packer tries to spread the wealth, so to speak, to give a variety of teams some TV exposure, although I don't think Bearden nor Farragut has been on Packer-vision this season which is odd.

Assuming Cleveland handles HVA, if Bearden wins, they are the 3-seed and Farragut is out. However, if Farragut wins, Cleveland would be the 3-seed, Farragut grabs the 4-seed, and Bearden is out. So it's pretty simple - win and you're in, lose and your season is over.

Edited by StanTheMan

3 minutes ago, StanTheMan said:

That makes this rivalry even move interesting. Obviously this game has had region implications since Farragut moved back up following their 2016 State Title win, but it has not come down to the last game between the two. Hard to believe that these two have never matched up in Week #11 since the 1950's with how often they play. They had an instant classic a few years ago on PackerTV. I imagine that this one will play out wild and I LOVE playoff football!

Is that back when you were working for Packer and Company.

1 hour ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Bearden QB played pretty dang well for a “jv qb”. Hate to see a game end like that. Was hoping to see a team earn the win in overtime and not have the refs decide the outcome. Anyone find out what the deal was with that penalty? 

Not 100 percent sure. The radio announcer said he thought it was because someone on the Bearden line called out something that simulated the snap which we have seen recently be highlighted in college but then commented that this is usually a delay of game called on the defense rather than unsportsmanlike. Someone else said they thought it had to do with something someone said or did towards the center. So…not sure