Would this be your top 10? For 4A

wornoutwildcat

9 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

How does this years Greeneville team compare to 2017 or 2018 team. I understand different teams and coaches just wondering if there’s any comparison.

I would say this years team is faster in all around team speed than those 2017 and 2018 teams and has a core group of Skilled players from top to bottom that are better. (The ball gets spread around a lot to 4 main WR's and Gudger in the back field)  The O Line and Dline aren't as big as those teams but very athletic and Physical which works great for the spread system.  Quillen is a smart QB but not Cade Ballard when it comes to build and arm strength but great at anticipating throws and getting the ball into his play maker's hands.  Cody Baugh is back as OC after being a head coach and has opened the O back up from the previous couple of years after Ballard stepped down to watch Cade play at Army.  (Baugh played under Ballard when he was the OC in the early 2000's and was on Ballard's Staff as a QB coach so alot of similarities in play calls)

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

I would say this years team is faster in all around team speed than those 2017 and 2018 teams and has a core group of Skilled players from top to bottom that are better. (The ball gets spread around a lot to 4 main WR's and Gudger in the back field)  The O Line and Dline aren't as big as those teams but very athletic and Physical which works great for the spread system.  Quillen is a smart QB but not Cade Ballard when it comes to build and arm strength but great at anticipating throws and getting the ball into his play maker's hands.  Cody Baugh is back as OC after being a head coach and has opened the O back up from the previous couple of years after Ballard stepped down to watch Cade play at Army.  (Baugh played under Ballard when he was the OC in the early 2000's and was on Ballard's Staff as a QB coach so alot of similarities in play calls)

I know I great those 17’ and 18’ teams were and if this team is better, there’s not but a handful of teams in any classification statewide that can compete with them. No disrespect to any team, but that’s just another level of high school football.

38 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I know I great those 17’ and 18’ teams were and if this team is better, there’s not but a handful of teams in any classification statewide that can compete with them. No disrespect to any team, but that’s just another level of high school football.

This team is more diverse than those 17' 18' plays (Were they would line up show you were they were running it and just see if you can stop it).  This years team is a lot less predictable and just have more playmakers that at any point can take it to the house with their speed.  The D has two big DT and more athletic DE's with just great all around team swarming mentality.  (I would definitely look up their Hudl individual films to give you an idea if you haven't. https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/19475/Boys-Varsity-Football/team ) 

A lot of Greene Devil Fans knew this team could be in the conversation with the 17' and 18' teams after last years Quarter final lost to Betsy by a FG even though they out gained Betsy by over 100 yards.  They had finally matured and then add another year in the weight room just got bigger and stronger and playing with a Chip on their solder after not making the finals the past two years.

24 minutes ago, Swipes said:

This team is more diverse than those 17' 18' plays (Were they would line up show you were they were running it and just see if you can stop it).  This years team is a lot less predictable and just have more playmakers that at any point can take it to the house with their speed.  The D has two big DT and more athletic DE's with just great all around team swarming mentality.  (I would definitely look up their Hudl individual films to give you an idea if you haven't. https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/19475/Boys-Varsity-Football/team ) 

A lot of Greene Devil Fans knew this team could be in the conversation with the 17' and 18' teams after last years Quarter final lost to Betsy by a FG even though they out gained Betsy by over 100 yards.  They had finally matured and then add another year in the weight room just got bigger and stronger and playing with a Chip on their solder after not making the finals the past two years.

Sounds a lot Like my tomcats this season. This the first season out HC got to have a full spring 

19 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Spot on!

• Thanks 1