New Knoxville Catholic coach opening

IrishBBall

32 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Seems like odd timing to announce right before the season starts.  Why would he announce now instead of in the spring?

After 40 years of coaching (33 years at KCHS) it seems to me that Coach Hutchens felt it was the time to announce it regardless of the timing.  He's more than earned the right.

Edited by QSouth89

21 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

After 40 years of coaching (33 years at KCHS) it seems to me that Coach Hutchens felt it was the time to announce it regardless of the timing.  He's more than earned the right.

No argument that he has earned it, but does not seem like him to take the spotlight away from the players and have a farewell season.  To be fair, I did not like that Coach K is doing the same thing this year at Duke either

2 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

No argument that he has earned it, but does not seem like him to take the spotlight away from the players and have a farewell season.  To be fair, I did not like that Coach K is doing the same thing this year at Duke either

I see your point but if you knew Coach Hutchens, he will never take away anything from his players.  He won't mention it again this season and he wouldn't want a farewell tour.  I guess he thought get it out of the way now so he can focus on the season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

I see your point but if you knew Coach Hutchens, he will never take away anything from his players.  He won't mention it again this season and he wouldn't want a farewell tour.  I guess he thought get it out of the way now so he can focus on the season.

That makes sense to me.  I wonder what the process will be like to hire a new coach.  Do they have someone in mind already?  Are they waiting to post after the season and do their search process then?  Will they hire an established head coach or a younger up-and-coming assistant who can stay for another 30 years?  Will be interesting to see what area coaches show interest.  

38 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

That makes sense to me.  I wonder what the process will be like to hire a new coach.  Do they have someone in mind already?  Are they waiting to post after the season and do their search process then?  Will they hire an established head coach or a younger up-and-coming assistant who can stay for another 30 years?  Will be interesting to see what area coaches show interest.  

I'm sure there will be a lot of quality applicants, in state and out of state. There are two long time assistants, both former head coaches, on staff who will probably apply as well.

Edited by QSouth89

6 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

May have to disagree Q. Hutch is already letting people know his boot size.... just in case.