#3 Cleveland @ #2 West Ridge:round 1

WestRidge

1 hour ago, TnBear said:

They are very balanced. Good RB but their best player is WR #2 Destun Thomas.

#2 WR / DB Thomas is committed to Memphis.
#44 Tetoe Boyd is a state champ wrestler who can carry the rock & knock people’s heads back on defense. 
good supporting cast too. Lots of athletes. 

Edited by FootballFan51

5 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

#2 WR / DB Thomas is committed to Memphis.
#44 Tetoe Boyd is a state champ wrestler who can carry the rock & knock people’s heads back on defense. 
good supporting cast too. Lots of athletes. 

How is the QB play? Sounds like a well rounded team. Curious about some of the losses they took. Injuries? 

1 hour ago, 83SouthRebel said:

How is the QB play? Sounds like a well rounded team. Curious about some of the losses they took. Injuries? 

Cleveland QB is athletic & a gamer. Will keep the ball & pick up 8-10 yards on a called pass  if receivers are covered & defense doesn’t have some one on him. 
I watched the Bradley game on TV & Bradley’s QB was banged up & wasn’t mobile at all & I thought Bradley was fortunate to win the game. Cleveland threw 2 pick 6’s in 2nd half & was difference in game. 
I know Cleveland’s #44 played very little & Cleveland’s QB got his bell rung late in Q2. He played part of 2nd half, but was clearly not the same. I honestly don’t recall if #2 played much or not. 
Again - Bradley had some injuries too, but I did feel like Cleveland would have scored a lot more points if they were all healthy. Bradley would have scored more too if their QB was healthy.
My overall point is that there is very little difference in #2 through #5 in Region 2 & I think the scores demonstrate that. Bradley didn’t dominate #5 Bearden & it took a 40+ yard FG to beat #4 Farragut in last minute of that game. 

Edited by FootballFan51

10 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

The Bearden and Giles Co losses were without our D1 WR, who’s also our best corner. They likey win the Bearden game with him as I think they score more than 10 points. The Giles Co game I didn’t get to see so I have no clue what happened in that loss. Maryville is Maryville, and the Bradley game could have went either way. We didn’t capitalize on Bradley’s early mistakes and let them hang around and made some crucial mistakes late in the game.

22 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Was wondering what happened  the later season. Not a knock at the blue raiders at all. Did the d1 player  go down in  the Farragut game or before that. Also is  big ole NicoDemus still  healthy. I definetly will be rooting  for them Blue Raiders against  the wolves of   West Ridge  feels weird to say Cleveland  along with other traditionally good  football are in an underdog  position  against  a brand  new  first year school And  sports program.  However if Cleveland is back to full health  I see  them snagging  the W. Final score prediction is 31-21 Cleveland 

Thomas got hurt against Maryville and missed the following 2 games. Big Nic hasn’t played since the 2nd or 3rd game I believe 

On 10/30/2021 at 8:03 PM, DandDD said:

The closest you can get to a series history is Cleveland wore South out in the semi finals in 93 or 94 (not exactly sure which year it was).  Cleveland was loaded. Won the State 2 or 3 years in a row.  Saw that game. They were impressive.  Hopefully this years Cleveland team is nowhere near that talented.

The year was 93. It sounds strange to say that you used a state semifinal game as practice, but that’s essentially what Cleveland did. From film and scouting, we knew there was no way Sullivan South could score a point on us, much less win the game. After we built a quick 21-0 lead, we basically worked on stuff to prepare for Brentwood Academy, and to give the 4 (count ‘em 4) BA scouts in the stands a lot to think about. One thing we worked on was the passing game, and it was our passing game that won the BA game the next week. And no, there are zero resemblances between that team and this team. 

I am interested to see what happens here. Region 1 6A is a much different animal without the Knoxville 6A schools traveling to upper East TN. DB & Science Hill traded Bearden, Farragut and Hardin Valley for West Ridge, Morristown East and William Blount. I would have jumped on that all day if I were Christian or Carter. Although HVA has been bad the last two-three years and Bearden has been about average, I would much rather play Mo East, West Ridge and William Blount than BHS, FHS, HVA. With that said, I think Region 2 takes care of business in the 3 of the 4 games this week. My only question mark is the Farragut vs. Science Hill game. 

9 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

Not that I know

3 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Radio?

I thought they did.  At the Tennessee High game, when I was in line at the concession stands for an hour, I was actually watching the game on a big screen TV mounted above the concession stand.

Any Cleveland fans making the trip, eat before the game and arrive early.  As mentioned, the concession stand lines are really long and the road leading to the school from the interstate is two lane and curvy and can get backed up with traffic all the way to 81.