Carter comes to Betsy

BetsyCyclones16

27 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Don’t know anything about carter so fill us in.  I’m sure they have some athletes.  Betsy has found their groove and continued to improve every week. Ready for playoff football.  Safe travels for all making the trip.

Their QB is a really good player. They go as he does. They have some good receivers with Blankenship being their best. They run an “air raid” style of offense so your secondary will have a pretty good test. I think Betsy’s physical nature will help them get a first round win. They’ll have a hard time stopping your QB run game. Expect a tough game for a while though 

34 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I think in my opinion it depends on which Carter team shows up. They tend to be up and down. If there up they will give Betsy all they want and could pull upset. If there down Besty will have a big night. They could have a hard time with Betsy QB run like Rodger stated.

I watched part of their game against south Doyle and they have some athletes.  I believe have our big boys only going 1 way will weigh on them in the 2nd half.  I’d like to see us get some pressure on the qb and and let our secondary make some plays.  We have some ball hawks back there that can bait qbs into making bad throws but if our linebackers and dline can get pressure it’s even better.  I’m excited to step it up and see what we can do.

1 hour ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I watched part of their game against south Doyle and they have some athletes.  I believe have our big boys only going 1 way will weigh on them in the 2nd half.  I’d like to see us get some pressure on the qb and and let our secondary make some plays.  We have some ball hawks back there that can bait qbs into making bad throws but if our linebackers and dline can get pressure it’s even better.  I’m excited to step it up and see what we can do.

With the AC game I did not see anything big from Carter but apparently they have a way of playing well against other teams, SD etc. Region 2 has an assortment of challengers unlike the Chattanooga league. But it will still be hard to compete with Region 1s region Betsy and Greeneville.

From my limited study (more to come) On Offensive I see a team that slings the ball around the field. A mobile qb that can evade the rush and receivers that find a way to get open and go up and get the ball. I also see a team that doesn’t really run the ball. Expect Betsy to scheme them up, and try to take away the pass and make them run it. Betsy’s D-Line is still the same cats that won a state title a year ago, so they’ll be ready. Can Carter’s D keep Betsy off the field? Can they handle a well balanced offense? I’m looking forward to a new team in the mix. And I’m not looking at common opponents in this one. Those games seem like ages ago and every team has evolved since the regular season. Safe travels to the Carter crew. Playoff football is here! 

On 10/30/2021 at 8:54 PM, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Don’t know anything about carter so fill us in.  I’m sure they have some athletes.  Betsy has found their groove and continued to improve every week. Ready for playoff football.  Safe travels for all making the trip.

AC beat Carter rushing 3 to 4 DL and dropping 7 to 8 for coverage. They can't run the ball at all.

Edited by haweanbula

Well it’s just a few days away and I’m getting more excited with each passing day. I hope the Cyclones come out firing and play aggressively from the start. I would really like to see how well they have improved since the loss to the Greene Devils. History states we fall short of a rematch. I’m hoping not the case this year.  Will we win out and play the Greene Machine again? I hope so.

Really enjoy two quality programs leaving it all on the field for school and community pride. Best of luck to all and here’s to a injury free game this Friday…..Go Betsy Go!

I am so praying that the real Carter team shows up to play. If they do Carter can pull the upset and move on up. Representing Region 2 with pride. Fight until the last second...do whatever it takes to win. Let's Go Carter hornet's! Let's brake up that party Betsy Greeneville thinks they will celebrate!!!? Go Go Hornets!

Edited by Mavericksinflight