Bearden open

HTV

17 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Calling out play calling in a game where they scored 26 points and an offense that is averaging 36 points per game. Yeah... that sounds reasonable. Get your head out of your you know what and wake up dawgs.

There is a difference between 5A and 6A football. I think it is totally reasonable to be skeptical of hiring a 5A offensive coordinator to come be a head coach at a 6A program and expect similar offensive success. HOWEVER. If this coach averaged just 6 points less at Bearden (30), they may have gone 9-1 and a 2 seed in the playoffs. So maybe, if the DC stayed, the Central coach could do enough for Bearden to start winning now?

3 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

FHS, Vil is just being honest. This is the worst Central has looked on offense since 2016. Play calling is terrible. Go to Diamond Clear and watch the 2nd and 4th quarters of the Halls game. Pathetic best describes it. If he wants to leave, let him go. But I'd hate to see him end up at Bearden. He's not the answer!

44 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

wait WHAT?!?! PLEASE take him. This has to be a joke, right? You do realize those ‘36 PPG’ is SUPER inflated. Running up the score against heritage, cocke co, Hardin valley, TN high is why that’s so high. when we have played good competition this year the results have been 14 points against west and 17 against greeneville. not sure if anyone considers SD good or bad this year. but yes the game plan is sweep left and right with the QB faking the throw after the handoff (fools no one) and a quick 3 years slant or behind the LOS screen.

You gentlemen are both 100% spot on with your assessments….

Edited by chsbobcat09

Just now, RPohnO said:

There is a difference between 5A and 6A football. I think it is totally reasonable to be skeptical of hiring a 5A offensive coordinator to come be a head coach at a 6A program and expect similar offensive success. HOWEVER. If this coach averaged just 6 points less at Bearden (30), they may have gone 9-1 and a 2 seed in the playoffs. So maybe, if the DC stayed, the Central coach could do enough for Bearden to start winning now?

sounds like this is the guy.  get im on board.

33 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

wait WHAT?!?! PLEASE take him. This has to be a joke, right? You do realize those ‘36 PPG’ is SUPER inflated. Running up the score against heritage, cocke co, Hardin valley, TN high is why that’s so high. when we have played good competition this year the results have been 14 points against west and 17 against greeneville. not sure if anyone considers SD good or bad this year. but yes the game plan is sweep left and right with the QB faking the throw after the handoff (fools no one) and a quick 3 years slant or behind the LOS screen.

Central's offense scored 17 on Greeneville, which is the most the Greene Devil defense has allowed all year. Also, they scored 14 points against Knox West, 12 more than Bearden was able to score against them. If he came to Bearden and scored just 21ppg that would be a 1TD improvement each game and Bearden would've finished with 2 more wins.

2 minutes ago, RPohnO said:

Would the Bearden DC stay with this hire?

I have stated this since the early pages of this thread. It is very unlikely that a new HC is named and he keeps the current OC/DC at Bearden. If they were so great, the team wouldn't have finished 4-6. It is not common for new HC's to have holdover coaches in critical roles like OC/DC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

I have stated this since the early pages of this thread. It is very unlikely that a new HC is named and he keeps the current OC/DC at Bearden. If they were so great, the team wouldn't have finished 4-6. It is not common for new HC's to have holdover coaches in critical roles like OC/DC.

I mean, I get you, but the new HC isn't going to be able to bring his/her own coordinators unless those individuals are cool teaching somewhere else and coaching at Bearden. I could totally see an offensive minded HC come into Bearden and tell the defense to stay the course. The wins/losses don't show it, but this is statistically the best defense Bearden has had in a while. Had the offense had a pulse, there are 2, maybe more, additional wins.

10 minutes ago, RPohnO said:

I mean, I get you, but the new HC isn't going to be able to bring his/her own coordinators unless those individuals are cool teaching somewhere else and coaching at Bearden. I could totally see an offensive minded HC come into Bearden and tell the defense to stay the course. The wins/losses don't show it, but this is statistically the best defense Bearden has had in a while. Had the offense had a pulse, there are 2, maybe more, additional wins.

I imagine that like with any head coaching change, there will be some turnover with the assistant coaches. Whether they choose to find a teaching/coaching job elsewhere, choose to keep their teaching job and coach at another school or just be done with coaching/take a year off and evaluate. This would allow for some movement of new assistant coaches into the program. Holdover assistants just don't usually have a ton of responsibility.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

FHS, Vil is just being honest. This is the worst Central has looked on offense since 2016. Play calling is terrible. Go to Diamond Clear and watch the 2nd and 4th quarters of the Halls game. Pathetic best describes it. If he wants to leave, let him go. But I'd hate to see him end up at Bearden. He's not the answer!

1 hour ago, madhatter2269 said:

This is coming from a West fan, and I'm not saying this because I'm nervous about the game this week, @madhatter2269 you mentioned Heritage, Cocke Co,Hardin Valley, and TN High but Central has averaged scoring 10-12 more points than the all of their opponents' defenses average giving up per game. Their game with us was a total outlier. To say they say they don't have a powerful offense is ridiculous, they're in the quarterfinals for a reason. It's not the worst that offense has looked since 2016 because statistically it's better in every way. Some of this seems like it has more to do with personal feelings rather than statistics or performance. @chsbobcat09

Edited by edwardblake
Had to mention another that needs a reality check

2 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

I imagine that like with any head coaching change, there will be some turnover with the assistant coaches. Whether they choose to find a teaching/coaching job elsewhere, choose to keep their teaching job and coach at another school or just be done with coaching/take a year off and evaluate. This would allow for some movement of new assistant coaches into the program. Holdover assistants just don't usually have a ton of responsibility.

For sure. If the HC was an offensive minded guy, last year's OC would probably leave, which opens up a spot for the new guy to bring his own DC. I get all that.

33 minutes ago, RPohnO said:

Any offense would be better than what they had this past year. When they came to play West the defense had to stop our offense and score to win, the offense didn't get off the bus in most of their games.