Bearden open

HTV

30 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Rouse, Tucker, Shimbeckler and Childs were on staff and they were all GOD AWFUL. Ask their current HC's about them.... oh yeah, they don't coach anymore. Wonder why. 

I still remember Rouse and Tucker on that staff but honestly I have never paid much attention to Bearden except the time Taylor gave us a few games which I thought he was a decent coach. I didn't know if there was bad feelings between Taylor and Shinlever.

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Was Shinlever on Taylors staff at Bearden and were there some problems between the two or some cut throating or did I just dream that. I know a couple of ex Maryville players were there Shinlever's first year and all departed real fast.

You are just barely scratching the surface.The real explication would need a separate thread.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I still remember Rouse and Tucker on that staff but honestly I have never paid much attention to Bearden except the time Taylor gave us a few games which I thought he was a decent coach. I didn't know if there was bad feelings between Taylor and Shinlever.

Coach Taylor and his staff did an excellent job at Bearden. Coach Taylor and his staff also has done an excellent job at Karns.

3 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

I mean explanation would  need a separate thread.

Glad to know I wasn't dreaming that. I always had a negative feeling about some things over at Bearden and have been a great supporter of Taylor and very glad he has turned one of the worst programs in Knoxville history into a respectable program.

I have seen a lot of talk about Josh Jones being a potential candidate on this thread. If that is the case and Bearden hires him then that entire program/administration is a joke. He has spent the bulk of his "career" coaching little league football. He has only been a high school coach for three years. One of those years being an abysmal disaster at CAK during Mozingo's early tenure. Any below average coach could take the athletes at Powell and run Matt's offense. As for him being able to get kids there, Bearden is not like Powell, it is already over capacity in the building and it is near impossible to get a transfer in unless there is a bona fide change of address. This isn't the baby falcons rec team, that is 6A high school football.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

I have seen a lot of talk about Josh Jones being a potential candidate on this thread. If that is the case and Bearden hires him then that entire program/administration is a joke. He has spent the bulk of his "career" coaching little league football. He has only been a high school coach for three years. One of those years being an abysmal disaster at CAK during Mozingo's early tenure. Any below average coach could take the athletes at Powell and run Matt's offense. As for him being able to get kids there, Bearden is not like Powell, it is already over capacity in the building and it is near impossible to get a transfer in unless there is a bona fide change of address. This isn't the baby falcons rec team, that is 6A high school football.

Oh no! Little league? Now all the Pop Warner rejects will think they're the next Nick Saban! :roflol:

9 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Coach Taylor and his staff did an excellent job at Bearden. Coach Taylor and his staff also has done an excellent job at Karns.

Taylor with an SEC RB on his roster: 25-22 (53%)

Taylor without an SEC RB on his roster: 39-48 (45%)

12-37 at Karns before this season. 24%. Historically they're 32%. You've got an interesting definition of the word "excellent". 

10 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

At what Randall? Underachieving? In 2010 West went over there and crushed them when they had a once in a lifetime running back in Devrin Young and last week Rhea Co did the same with the once in a lifetime back in Bishop.

29 minutes ago, toughD said:

Just another reminder that I think it will be an internal or out of state hire. 

They will make an out of state hire.

The person will have had moderate HC success in another state.

They will retire and collect state retirement. (Double-Dip)

They will accept a TA job at Bearden (that's all they have available).

This will all be okay because mediocre people love mediocre people.

Edited by FHSAlum12