Bearden open

HTV

1 minute ago, edwardblake said:

It's not baseball or basketball LJS which are individual sports compared to football. No strength and conditioning a few weeks may not make or break a season in the way you imply but it definitely could get kids hurt if they don't prepare their bodies correctly which will make or break a season in the way you did not imply.

If they start working out in January, that gives them 7 months before August.  Is that not enough time?  I am not from Knox County so you all will have to help me out.  Basketball is definitely not an individual sport btw.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

My bad, I did not know that a couple weeks in the weight room would make or break a season.  I figured taking time to hire the right head coach would be more important.  

In the words of Kramer, "whoa Jerry". A roster as unathletic as Bearden can't afford to skip a set of push ups much less weeks of workouts. They got done before Halloween. And I got news for you: nobody wants the job, that's why they're interviewing little league coaches. :roflol:

Just now, thefox said:

In the words of Kramer, "whoa Jerry". A roster as unathletic as Bearden can't afford to skip a set of push ups much less weeks of workouts. They got done before Halloween. And I got news for you: nobody wants the job, that's why they're interviewing little league coaches. :roflol:

Hopefully they are waiting till after the state championships are over to get someone who knows how to win.  The previous staff definitely did not make it seem like a job someone would want so I agree with you there

Just now, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Hopefully they are waiting till after the state championships are over to get someone who knows how to win.  The previous staff definitely did not make it seem like a job someone would want so I agree with you there

MATT LOW? The King of Emory? I don't think so. @HTV help this man find his mind, clearly he has lost it. :roflol:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

If they start working out in January, that gives them 7 months before August.  Is that not enough time?  I am not from Knox County so you all will have to help me out.  Basketball is definitely not an individual sport btw.

Do you know how prep football works? June and July is mostly on the field preseason prep. Take out a month for spring ball, that leaves you with four months. That's sixteen weeks. Uh oh. Spring Break. Fifteen weeks. Five days a week, that's 75 days. Not to mention other school holidays like Good Friday and MLK Day. Do you want a QB standing behind an offensive line that has worked out for 68 days? 

Edited by edwardblake
spelling

12 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

This sounds like something a basketball coach would say. :roflol:

2 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

Do you know how prep football works? June and July is mostly on the field preseason prep. Take out a month for spring ball, that leaves you with four months. That's sixteen weeks. Uh oh. Spring Break. Fifteen weeks. Five days a week, that's 75 days. Not to mention other school holidays like Good Friday and MLK Day. Do you want a QB standing behind an OL that has worked out for 68 days? 

68 vs 78 days does not seem like a big deal to me.  I figure coaching staff and scheme can make up for a couple weeks in the weight room, but maybe I am wrong

2 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

68 vs 78 days does not seem like a big deal to me.  I figure coaching staff and scheme can make up for a couple weeks in the weight room, but maybe I am wrong

Snow, Covid, Illness, Flooding Days, the list goes on an on but I agree football teams only need eight to twelve weeks of strength training. It's not like it helps to be strong or fast in the game of football.

18 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

All sarcasm aside, what do you mean? Bearden beat West in 2018 and took us to OT in 2019. We went to the semifinals that year. I know their offense struggled mightily all year but it still seems like a proud program.