Bearden open

HTV

Josh is a good guy, dealt with him a couple years when I was coaching my son’s team for his Rocky Top tournament. I know he seems to be the man when it comes to getting players, he’s done it everywhere he’s been(Fulton and Powell).

If he’s one of finalists, I can’t believe someone would want to hire Rusty Bradley over him, but that’s Bearden for you. If Josh were to get the job, the Admirals may not sleep as well the night before the Bearden game as they have in the past. 

I agree with Johnny and FHS, I’d think it would be tough for him to leave Powell knowing they’ll probably win another gold ball next year with a bunch of the kids he brought in. Hated when the Potts kid left Farragut because you could see the kid had talent, but I’m sure the Farragut coaches loved it because of how big of an idiot his dad is. I’m not sure the kid is worth the trouble of his father. 

Edited by adalum96

8 minutes ago, adalum96 said:

Josh is a good guy, dealt with him a couple years when I was coaching my son’s team for his Rocky Top tournament. I know he seems to be the man when it comes to getting players, he’s done it everywhere he’s been(Fulton and Powell). If he’s one of finalists, I can’t believe someone would want to hire Rusty Bradley over him, but that’s Bearden for you. If Josh were to get the job, the Admirals may not sleep as well the night before the Bearden game as they have in the past. 

Timing is everything. I felt Catholic missed out on his ability to coach offense as well as his local connections last year. Maybe they went after him and he knew this year was his chance at Powell to get the gold ball and said no. I've interacted with Josh only two times and both times he was genuine, I can see where he connects with kids. Rusty once he left CAK never seemed to have the same reputation. 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Timing is everything. I felt Catholic missed out on his ability to coach offense as well as his local connections last year. Maybe they went after him and he knew this year was his chance at Powell to get the gold ball and said no. I've interacted with Josh only two times and both times he was genuine, I can see where he connects with kids. Rusty once he left CAK never seemed to have the same reputation. 

Wow, never knew Josh was in play at Catholic. Seems like a big job for someone like him, but also maybe the perfect job. 

Pretty sure he's not a teacher, so a private school job seems like it would be the ideal situation for him. 

3 minutes ago, adalum96 said:

Wow, never knew Josh was in play at Catholic. Seems like a big job for someone like him, but also maybe the perfect job. 

Pretty sure he's not a teacher, so a private school job seems like it would be the ideal situation for him. 

I don't know if he was up for Catholic. I'm just saying maybe he was as it was an ideal spot for him not being a teacher, offensive guy and connections without restrictions.  

1 hour ago, PostingGawd39 said:

Interesting I wonder why the word was that Jones was interviewing but he's in Nashville today

I think the Mr. Football Awards are today and I think the Nolan kid is a finalist, so maybe he is over there for that, not sure though. 

Edited by adalum96

1 hour ago, adalum96 said:

Bearden conducted the 2nd and final round of interviews this week, with three candidates. The committee is now debating internally with the intention of making a decision Wednesday or Thursday with an announcement on Friday. 

There are interviews tomorrow too