Potter out at HVA

HTV

11 minutes ago, SpreadWingT said:

Not too early to name names if interviews are being done today as the very good rumors say. 

Yes, please don’t name names. Consider that if any candidates are currently with other programs, they may or may not have told their bosses, coworkers and certainly haven’t told their football kids that they are looking at or interested in being considered for another position.  I would hate for any coaches to be in awkward positions at work due to public speculation that may not even be accurate, or worse, to accidentally out someone on something they weren’t ready to have known just yet. I love all the fun of guessing and speculating together but let’s not for real out anyone. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

Yes, please don’t name names. Consider that if any candidates are currently with other programs, they may or may not have told their bosses, coworkers and certainly haven’t told their football kids that they are looking at or interested in being considered for another position.  I would hate for any coaches to be in awkward positions at work due to public speculation that may not even be accurate, or worse, to accidentally out someone on something they weren’t ready to have known just yet. I love all the fun of guessing and speculating together but let’s not for real out anyone. 

Yep.  Been my policy over the years, as well.  

• Like 1

Rumor at church this past Wednesday was that Jeff Miner is apparently the man for this job. He is currently the defensive coach at Oak Ridge. This would be a surprising hire because he would have to be taking a substantial pay cut to leave OR City Schools and go to Knox County Schools, from what I have heard.

22 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

Rumor at church this past Wednesday was that Jeff Miner is apparently the man for this job. He is currently the defensive coach at Oak Ridge. This would be a surprising hire because he would have to be taking a substantial pay cut to leave OR City Schools and go to Knox County Schools, from what I have heard.

I would say if he does take the job, that it speaks volumes regarding the current state of OR. I could be way off but I’m not so sure I am.

29 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

With the Knox Co. head coaching supplement it will be very close to what he's making now.  

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

With the Knox Co. head coaching supplement it will be very close to what he's making now.  

Public record shows he is making over 85K in Oak Ridge. He will not even touch that as a KCS HC. His HC supplement in KCS will be a few thousand less than an Asst Coach in OR with his years of experience.