LEWIS CO AT FORREST 2021. RD 2 PLAYOFFS.

GeneralForrest

This is the 8th meeting between Chapel Hill/Forrest and Lewis Co. The first meeting was in 1954 and the next 2 was during the playoffs in 79 and 80. The two teams didn’t play again until 2017 and have played each year since. In 2019 Forrest won a battle 16-13 at home for the regional championship. Last year’s game was at LC and the home team won in another close one 7-0 again for the Reg. Championship.  This years’ match up at Forrest seems to be between two evenly matched teams and could have similar scores and the previous two years. While LC is lead on offense by 1000-yard rusher Blake Carroll, Forrest has multitude of running backs that will share the load and all can do damage. LC starts their first Freshmen QB since David Sharp and he has thrown for 12 TDs with just 3 ints. While Forrest has a QB that can throw, his biggest threat is with his legs. The advantage on the line appears to favor Forrest on both sides of the ball. Forrest defense has been the backbone of their team all season and is very solid against the run while LC plays 4 sophomores and a freshman on that side of the ball. Home field and turnovers may be the difference in this game. The winner in this game will face the winner of Summertown and Parsons.

20 hours ago, ddaddy said:

This years’ match up at Forrest seems to be between two evenly matched teams and could have similar scores and the previous two years. While LC is lead on offense by 1000-yard rusher Blake Carroll, Forrest has multitude of running backs that will share the load and all can do damage. LC starts their first Freshmen QB since David Sharp and he has thrown for 12 TDs with just 3 ints. While Forrest has a QB that can throw, his biggest threat is with his legs. The advantage on the line appears to favor Forrest on both sides of the ball. Forrest defense has been the backbone of their team all season and is very solid against the run while LC plays 4 sophomores and a freshman on that side of the ball. Home field and turnovers may be the difference in this game. The winner in this game will face the winner of Summertown and Parsons.

I haven't seen much on LC but I would have given them the nod on O and D lines. If Forrest does have the better players there it will be a long night for the Panthers. My unsolicited advice for Forrest is to take away the running game and force the freshman to beat you throwing. Our DB's are very good against the pass when they play pass. We have gotten into trouble because they are prone to fly up in run support. Offense needs to mix in some QB runs and safe passes - nothing crazy downfield- and just run the offense. I so don't want to watch another 7-0 game (unless we're winning). The other factor is motivation to play Riverside. I'm not sure how much Lewis County wants to see the other Panthers again so soon after the last meeting. 

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

I haven't seen much on LC but I would have given them the nod on O and D lines. If Forrest does have the better players there it will be a long night for the Panthers. My unsolicited advice for Forrest is to take away the running game and force the freshman to beat you throwing. Our DB's are very good against the pass when they play pass. We have gotten into trouble because they are prone to fly up in run support. Offense needs to mix in some QB runs and safe passes - nothing crazy downfield- and just run the offense. I so don't want to watch another 7-0 game (unless we're winning). The other factor is motivation to play Riverside. I'm not sure how much Lewis County wants to see the other Panthers again so soon after the last meeting. 

Terrific post. 

20 hours ago, ddaddy said:

This is the 8th meeting between Chapel Hill/Forrest and Lewis Co. The first meeting was in 1954 and the next 2 was during the playoffs in 79 and 80. The two teams didn’t play again until 2017 and have played each year since. In 2019 Forrest won a battle 16-13 at home for the regional championship. Last year’s game was at LC and the home team won in another close one 7-0 again for the Reg. Championship.  This years’ match up at Forrest seems to be between two evenly matched teams and could have similar scores and the previous two years. While LC is lead on offense by 1000-yard rusher Blake Carroll, Forrest has multitude of running backs that will share the load and all can do damage. LC starts their first Freshmen QB since David Sharp and he has thrown for 12 TDs with just 3 ints. While Forrest has a QB that can throw, his biggest threat is with his legs. The advantage on the line appears to favor Forrest on both sides of the ball. Forrest defense has been the backbone of their team all season and is very solid against the run while LC plays 4 sophomores and a freshman on that side of the ball. Home field and turnovers may be the difference in this game. The winner in this game will face the winner of Summertown and Parsons.

Good stuff thanks man

On 11/10/2021 at 9:12 AM, vandyfan1 said:

General I think you guys will be just fine as long as your Dbacks stay disciplined and not cheat up to stop the run game. I’m telling you right now Lewis is going to do a lot of play action passes. 

@GeneralForrest  We need to get this guy on staff. He has been right on so far and he told you not to worry about  Adamsville. Whatever job the fired Tennessee coaches go to Alabama and do for Saban. Some type of consultant work.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Salem said:

@GeneralForrest  We need to get this guy on staff. He has been right on so far and he told you not to worry about  Adamsville. Whatever job the fired Tennessee coaches go to Alabama and do for Saban. Some type of consultant work.

I will have to give @vandyfan1 credit for sure on the Adamsville game.

We've had our back and forth over the years but he is a good poster, and in general I found the Waverly posters to be good folks. They made those games fun for sure. Classy in victory for the most part. 

• Thanks 1