Marion @ H20

H2Oman

16 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Nothing to say tonight that might hurt my admirers feelings but I will say this.  Tough luck for these kids, they did help turn the program back around and great group of kids.  I have coached most of them in one sport or another and we all knew it would be tough sledding 2 weeks ago when the leader went down.  Congrats to watertown though,  they did what they had to do.  I will echo several sentiments though, i hope this offensive playbook was thrown in the trash in the locker room tonight.  Without a mobile qb the offense will look like this next year and there will be more upset kids and fans at the end of the season.  Perhaps it is time to give Starkey total control of the offense and quit trying to micromanage things.  Like was said, there are two many good players on this team to bunch everyone up and have one formation.  Good luck to the seniors going forward.

Admirer??  Everything was great, except “admirer” threw me off on what all you were trying to say.  PP68 is your admirer?  But anyways like PP68 said the younger ones including the really young ones are full of talent which should be exciting to watch the next few years and then some.  

16 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Admirer??  Everything was great, except “admirer” threw me off on what all you were trying to say.  PP68 is your admirer?  But anyways like PP68 said the younger ones including the really young ones are full of talent which should be exciting to watch the next few years and then some.  

Lol, kind of an inside joke, they know who they are.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PurpleReign said:

Looks like we are back to bad Webster for this game. Hopefully something changes at the half. 

Serious question here...Do you even have a clue what you are talking about?  I was at the game last night, along with every game but less than a hand full over the past several years.  Please elaborate on how you could even come close to making this statment.  I would love to hear how you translate your hatred for Webster in to how this game was called.  

And GO!

Just now, DownHillMan said:

I thought maybe weather conditions and field position might have kept the playbook a little conservative.  

Could’ve been, but the first of only two downfield passes resulted in a 40 plus gain for Watertown. I think if they would’ve opened it up more the game wouldn’t of been close.

However, I do understand and appreciate that they had enough confidence in their defense to play it close to the vest and still expect to win!

1 minute ago, H2Oman said:

Could’ve been, but the first of only two downfield passes resulted in a 40 plus gain for Watertown. I think if they would’ve opened it up more the game wouldn’t of been close.

However, I do understand and appreciate that they had enough confidence in their defense to play it close to the vest and still expect to win!

I do agree with we could have opened it up downfield an little more.  Not sure Marion's DL is built for pass rush and they looked a little confused in coverage.  

2 hours ago, DownHillMan said:

Serious question here...Do you even have a clue what you are talking about?  I was at the game last night, along with every game but less than a hand full over the past several years.  Please elaborate on how you could even come close to making this statment.  I would love to hear how you translate your hatred for Webster in to how this game was called.  

And GO!

It’s not hatred, it’s opinion based on roughly a decade of observation, conversations with former and current players, and a lifetime of experience. I do know what I’m talking about and do not see the need to explain myself to you or anyone else. You have your opinion, I have mine. Unlike some I will not name call or question the intelligence of those who I disagree with. I will leave you with this. A former player texted me after seeing my comment and said “The bad Webster is always there, it just shows more in big games.” Not my words, his. 

and stop.