West High vs David Crockett - RD 2

MeritIII

West is averaging over 50 points in the first half in their last 2 games and their starters have given up 0 points.  DC beat SC by more points than the Rebels so they have shown they can play.  Should make for an interesting match up.  Do the Rebels get caught looking ahead to round 3, or do they survive and advance?

3 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

West is averaging over 50 points in the first half in their last 2 games and their starters have given up 0 points.  DC beat SC by more points than the Rebels so they have shown they can play.  Should make for an interesting match up.  Do the Rebels get caught looking ahead to round 3, or do they survive and advance?

That could easily happen but West better not overlook Crockett.

Might be looking ahead but I think West survives and advances... I know Crockett will be looking for revenge over what happened in 2013 when the last time these teams faced each other at West.

No one is beating Powell though...they could have won 80 to 0 tonight had they wanted too. Hoping West gets a chance to prove themselves.

11 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Might be looking ahead but I think West survives and advances... I know Crockett will be looking for revenge over what happened in 2013 when the last time these teams faced each other at West.

No one is beating Powell though...they could have won 80 to 0 tonight had they wanted too. Hoping West gets a chance to prove themselves.

Is there anyone left on the Crockett staff that remembers that 2013 blowout??

Powell played a very bad Ooltewah team. This week against McMinn County will be a much better litmus test, especially with Collins and Redmond out.

1 hour ago, stockton4182 said:

This Crockett boy pulling for Boone this Friday night.

If we both won that would set up something that has never happened in 50 years, Musket Bowl 2.0

We both know the probability of both of us winning is not good, however everyone was saying we would both lose round 1 as well.    To tell you the truth I thought R2 would go 4-0 against us but they didn't.     So anything can happen.   Could you even imagine the excitement of a Boone/Crockett round 3 game?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Is there anyone left on the Crockett staff that remembers that 2013 blowout??

Powell played a very bad Ooltewah team. This week against McMinn County will be a much better litmus test, especially with Collins and Redmond out.

I am pretty sure that in 2013 that Coach Chandley was in college at UVA-Wise. The young OC Ryan Burger might have been a Freshman or Sophomore on that Crockett team.
I think this staff was all new 4 years ago when coach Chandley was hired. 

4 hours ago, stockton4182 said:

Crockett surprised this ole Crockett boy last night. Sevier County kept Reid in check last night only way Crockett won was the quarterback play. Crockett will probably keep it respectful but West pulls away In the end.

I was at the game last night and I kinda disagree. 
I though Reid had some Key runs to get 1st downs, But that Defense was the the telling Factor. To keep that QB and WR’s in check pretty much all night. They had 2 big plays, 1 screen went for like 35yrds and the run to the 10 yrd line was a big play. 
I am gonna say they sacked the QB at least 5-6 times. 
QB played his best game to date, throwing and running the football.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:56 PM, Footballfun said:

I was at the game last night and I kinda disagree. 
I though Reid had some Key runs to get 1st downs, But that Defense was the the telling Factor. To keep that QB and WR’s in check pretty much all night. They had 2 big plays, 1 screen went for like 35yrds and the run to the 10 yrd line was a big play. 
I am gonna say they sacked the QB at least 5-6 times. 
QB played his best game to date, throwing and running the football.

Sounds like DC has found a good recipe for success! Give me DC…..

by a trickle….