#2 West Ridge @ #1 Maryville: Round 2

WestRidge

19 hours ago, WestRidge said:

The wolves of West Ridge travels to Maryville to play the Red Rebels. I don't know what to say but it might get ugly

Congrats to West Ridge Wolves on a great year. A lot can be said about a team with the success that has a winning season in its first year. They are for real ! Knoxville area teams have always had the upper hand because of the large number of players to select from. But combining high schools and their athletes,who knows what can happen.Best of luck to the Wolves,make East Tn proud.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, plowboy2 said:

....... Knoxville area teams have always had the upper hand because of the large number of players to select from.......

That is why we are divided into 6 classes based on school enrollment.    Knoxville schools have the same number of students enrolled as we do here in NET.        They may possibly have better athletes in Knoxville but I really think it mostly goes back to coaching.

53 minutes ago, plowboy2 said:

Congrats to West Ridge Wolves on a great year. A lot can be said about a team with the success that has a winning season in its first year. They are for real ! Knoxville area teams have always had the upper hand because of the large number of players to select from. But combining high schools and their athletes,who knows what can happen.Best of luck to the Wolves,make East Tn proud.

Cleveland is “Chattanooga area”.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

That is why we are divided into 6 classes based on school enrollment.    Knoxville schools have the same number of students enrolled as we do here in NET.        They may possibly have better athletes in Knoxville but I really think it mostly goes back to coaching.

.....see Greeneville & Elizabethton. It's coaching.

56 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

.....see Greeneville & Elizabethton. It's coaching.

I agree, it is.  Best Coaches in Upper East TN.

We can also rack both schools to being 4A schools that have the Greene County All-Stars and the Carter County All-Stars.  I don’t blame them, if you had a choice of playing in 2A-3A 2nd round team or four years of making a serious run at a title, the choice is obvious.  Success breeds success….and transfers……and a 12 month gym where you can work on football skills at an indoor practice facility year round.

that being said, that’s what it takes to win a state title, not running extra 100s after practice.  The only other team in Upper East with a shot is West Ridge IF they can sneak into 5A football next time the tssaa divides teams.