McKenzie vs Cornersville

VOLnWTN

On 11/6/2021 at 8:14 AM, DawgRadio said:

After your last comment, it's hard to take this one seriously. Cornersville allowed only 39 points scored against them in the regular season. To put that in perspective, we faced Fayetteville who scored 247 points in the regular season and we held them to 18 and shouldn't have allowed that but they had a an 86 yard rush and a 42 yard pass. We didn't score three times in the redzone and had every chance. McKenzie has scored 258 in the regular season. So if we can stop the splash plays and tighten up the offense (which we have), and stay solid on defense it's not gonna be a pushover like you think. 

On 11/6/2021 at 9:48 PM, Jobres76 said:

No vandy voodoo. Dont need that mess. Three teams to beat in the west Peabody, McKenzie, Fayetteville. I recall seeing that Cornersville could play spoiler or seen as a sleeper. Defense is playing its best since the 2018 10 game shutout defense. Offense has been much improved over the last few weeks. I will say this SHOULD be a better game than some think, but we could get boat raced. No one knows, that's why we play the game. Looking forward to this one.

How do you think they match up against Fville?

10 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

How do you think they match up against Fville?

I think they hand Fayetteville an easy loss. McKenzie is strong on the line both O and D. Taylor (RB) and Cassidy (QB) are smart and skillful. Can't leave out McCreary (RB) either. I just don't think Fayetteville has anyone to match what McKenzie brings to the field. Well rounded team, can throw, rush, and stand ground at the line. If McKenzie has the same game they had against us, it'll be a similar score. Mckenzie by 3 TDs at least. 

5 minutes ago, DawgRadio said:

I think they hand Fayetteville an easy loss. McKenzie is strong on the line both O and D. Taylor (RB) and Cassidy (QB) are smart and skillful. Can't leave out McCreary (RB) either. I just don't think Fayetteville has anyone to match what McKenzie brings to the field. Well rounded team, can throw, rush, and stand ground at the line. If McKenzie has the same game they had against us, it'll be a similar score. Mckenzie by 3 TDs at least. 

I watched the cornersville dline walk mckenzies oline straight in to the back field  I think Fayetteville’s dline is better than cornersvilles at least they are bigger 

38 minutes ago, DawgRadio said:

Thanks for the insight! You would probably know better than the rest of us that’s why I asked bud.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I watched the cornersville dline walk mckenzies oline straight in to the back field  I think Fayetteville’s dline is better than cornersvilles at least they are bigger 

I will agree, however, the Bulldog D-line was way more successful in previous games and had the QB running for their life, unlike Cassidy who was afforded much more time to pass. He was flushed at times but not as much as expected. As I understand it, the whole Rebel team had a game-of-their-life kind of game and that's exactly what they needed. We'll see if they can do it again in Fayetteville.